Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can I clime Hakusan in one day 2015/1/3 16:51
I like to sray in shirakawa-go and from there clime Mt. Haku.

Can I clime Mt. Haku in one day (up and Down)?

And can you recommen a suitable place to start (is there a bus to a path)?

If not possible, can you recommend a suitable day trip into the Mountains around shirakawa-go-

Thank you very much in advance.

Dorte
by Dorte Lerche (guest)  

Re: Can I clime Hakusan in one day 2015/1/4 09:05
The only trailhead from which a day hike is possible for people who are in good shape (and start early in the morning) is Bettodeai on the Ishikawa side:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e4285.html

Bettodai is quite far away from Shirakawago, connected by a toll road that does not open until 7am from June to August and not even until 8am from September to November. That will not allow you a very early start which makes the day even more challenging. Needless to say: you would require a car to drive to Bettodeai:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e4286.html

If not possible, can you recommend a suitable day trip into the Mountains around shirakawa-go

The above mentioned toll road is quite spectacular, and there are a few shorter hikes that start at various points from the toll road. There is also the nice onsen with views onto the waterfall (see link above).
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Can I clime Hakusan in one day 2015/1/4 09:09
I just noticed that the toll road's closing hours would add additional pressure on completing the round trip within a day, especially in September and beyond when the hours are further reduced.

I definitely do not recommend it to 99% of tourists, but if you are very determined to climb the mountain, travel in summer, plan your trip well and are in very good shape, then it would theoretically be possible.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread