Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Karuizawa accomodation 2015/1/7 06:37
Hi. We are off to Japan again in April. Bessho Onsen, Karuizawa, Kyoto, Kinosaki Onsen, then Enoshima. I've been to Karuizawa before and stayed at Tsuruya Ryokan (very good) but this time because we are coming out of a few days in a ryokan at Bessho Onsen I'm a littloe concerned that 4 days straight of ryokan food will be too much and anyway there are some nice restaurants in town we'd like to go to. Any suggestions for a nice hotel close to the shopping street (we like that for the forest at the top)?
by Pious  

Re: Karuizawa accomodation 2015/1/7 17:09
If the food is your only issue, most ryokans (inluding Tsuruya) have no-meals or breakfast-only plans as well.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Karuizawa accomodation 2015/1/7 18:43
Cheers. On the booking site (Japan Guest Houses) they dont have a no meal or no dinner plan (their food is awesome,by the way) but I have asked the question anyway. I'm inclined to stay regardless, because the position is so good and we had a great time last time we were there.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Karuizawa accomodation 2015/1/7 19:04
JapaneseGuestHouses is very, very bad. The English Rakuten Travel or even Booking.com have those plans (at least for this particular ryokan).
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Karuizawa accomodation 2015/1/7 21:13
Thanks. Actually since our initial posts they have come back with a no dinner option for the first night, so all sorted. But thanks for your input!

by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread