Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Getting to Hakuba from Osaka in the evening 2015/1/7 06:37
We land at 5:30pm on a Monday and while I understand what trains to get etc, I cant find out when last trains etc are easily? When I enter it into the site to give me a travel plan, it has us getting to Hakuba the next day? Is there any shuttles that run from Osaka airport directly to Hakuba?
by Keta (guest)  

Re: Getting to Hakuba from Osaka in the evening 2015/1/7 12:41
Yikes! You are correct that using public transportation you will arrive at 10:00 am the next morning, having spent an overnight in a station hotel somewhere. Prices around Y13,000 for the privilege, too! ( I used Hyperdia, excellent website, and I input Osaka Airport and Hakuba.) 4 bus/rail route options , all lousy. If you are several people or money is no concern, and if you must be there that night, hiring a car is your only option. ANd you still won't be in much before midnight. It is 280 mileson the Hokuriku expressway, and about 5-6 hours by car!!!
by sarah (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Getting to Hakuba from Osaka in the evening 2015/1/7 13:59
Hakuba is about 500km away from Kansai Airport, and there is no conceivable way to make it there on the day if you arrive at 5:30 pm. See this similar thread for your transport options:

http://www.japan-guide.com/forum/quereadisplay.html?0+97773
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Getting to Hakuba from Osaka in the evening 2015/1/8 05:15
Thanks so much. We had figured that. I thought we may be able to get train and arrive at like 2am or something. So to be annoying and ask another question but I found overnight buses that leave Osaka in the evening and get to hakuba early morning but when I translate the page it isn't the best. Has anyone got clear information on this option?
by Keta (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Getting to Hakuba from Osaka in the evening 2015/1/8 05:50
Trains rarely run after midnight and the shinkansen definitely shuts down at midnight for track repairs/inspection. Your best bet is to stay in a hotel at the airport you land or nearby and then travel the next morning (first train) to your destination. At least you'll be able to see a little of Osaka.
by z (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread