Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Suica in Shibakoen Station 2015/1/7 18:39
Hi,
I have plan to visit Tokyo an probably will stay around Minato Ku district.I'm aware that the nearest station is Shibakoen or Hamamatsucho station.
I'm planning to use suica card, and already understand the coverage area.
However, i found out that Shibakoen Station is not even listed in the mar coverage area for Suica.
Does it mean that we couldn't use Suica in Shibakoen Station?
Instead if this doesn't work, where's the nearest station that i could use Suica in Minato ku area?

Thanks
by cupiddelocke  

Re: Suica in Shibakoen Station 2015/1/8 09:50
Shibakoen is not a JR station. Therefore, you can't buy Suica there. But you can buy a Pasmo card there which is virtually idetical to the Suica card in terms of coverage.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Suica in Shibakoen Station 2015/1/8 09:59
I'm planning to use suica card, and already understand the coverage area.

No, obviously not :)
Shibakoen Station is served by the subway, which is covered by Suica and Pasmo just like all other trains and buses in the Greater Tokyo area. More basics:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2359_003.html

The closest JR station is Hamamatsucho.

Re: Suica in Shibakoen Station 2015/1/8 16:51
Hi,
Thanks for the answer.
So, if i buy suica card, it means that i couldn't use it to ride a train from shibakoen station?
So what are you suggesting? suica or pasmo?
I'm sorry for lot of question.
by cupiddelocke rate this post as useful

Re: Suica in Shibakoen Station 2015/1/8 17:11
So, if i buy suica card, it means that i couldn't use it to ride a train from shibakoen station?

Yes, you can.

So what are you suggesting? suica or pasmo?

It doesn't make a difference. Suica is available at JR stations. Pasmo is available at non-JR stations in the Greater Tokyo area. Both have the same coverage area.

Re: Suica in Shibakoen Station 2015/1/8 17:19
Noted, thanks.

That's really help..
by cupiddelocke rate this post as useful

reply to this thread