Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

tokyo subway ticket 2015/1/7 22:09
how long that we can keep the ticket before firt use?

i heard that we can buy tokyo subway ticket at only narita and haneda airport but my trip will go to Kansai airport first (April 2015) then i will take shinkansen to tokyo. So I plan to ask my friend, who will go to Narita airportt around March 2015, to buy the tickets for me in advance. That is why I need to know when ticket will expire.

Thank you so much!!!!
by blackzero (guest)  

Re: tokyo subway ticket 2015/1/8 10:26
No sold out.
Buy on the day by ticket vending machine.
by Mahs (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: tokyo subway ticket 2015/1/8 14:56
There are 2 different subway companies in Tokyo, each with their own tickets and special passes.

You can also use JR trains to go around most of Tokyo.
You could also buy and use a Suica card for subways and JR and other trains in Tokyo

Have a look at transportation in Tokyo under TRAVEL at the top or bottom of each page on Japan-guide.com

In any town with a subway tickets are always available..
by Rueful Renard (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: tokyo subway ticket 2015/1/8 15:32
Thank you for your both replied. But this is not the normal subway ticket. This is the new one that just launched for visitors in the middle of 2014. Tokyo subway ticket is combination between Tokyo Metro and Toei Subway lines so it's the best one for my planning to travel in Tokyo and I don't need to use JR ticket for the place that I plan to visit.

Please let me know if anyone know about my question above.

Thank you!
by blackzero (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: tokyo subway ticket 2015/1/9 07:44
Surely the Tokyo subway one-day ticket for Tokyo Metoro+Toei Subway is exist. You can buy it at the ticket vending machine at all subway stations in Tokyo. If you buy it in advance, you need to go to the ticket offices in some major subway stations. I'm not sure it's sold in Narita&Haneda Airport. It's 1,000yen/day, seems very reasonable price.
by Miya (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: tokyo subway ticket 2015/1/9 07:55
Check the website tokyometro.jp/en/ticket/value/travel
This will explain it in detail a little more, and open up other sites that you can familiarize yourself with.
Simply put, when you arrive at Haneda or Narita on an International flight you are able to buy, along with your Narita express ticket or whatever, special tourist subways passes at discount rates. You can get a Tokyo Metro Open ticket, either one day, or two day, and these allow you to travel on the Metro Subway. They must be used consecutively, so you need to plan your trips to get best value. They also offer, one day, two day or three day subway passes and you can use on both subway lines (as poster above explained their are two companies involved) Metro and Toei.
You will see that they are also sold at a few Tokyo hotels and travel agencies, but only in conjunction with tickets for other tourist travel. You must be an overseas tourist on a tourist visa to qualify. You must show a passport. As for dates, they are put on them from purchase, so I don't like your chances of your friend extending the dates until when you arrive, but maybe. Japanese are usually a bit more precise than this!!
by LoveJapan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: tokyo subway ticket 2015/1/9 07:59
Miya, The one blackzero is looking at is Y800 for one day, Y1200 for two day and Y1500 for three day which is a very good saving, but I have strong doubts about pre -buying.
by LoveJapan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: tokyo subway ticket 2015/1/9 10:02

This is probably the one you are referring to :

http://www.haneda-tokyo-access.com/en/info/discountticket_welcometokyo...
by lostintranslation (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: tokyo subway ticket 2015/1/9 12:34
Dear all,
I mentioned along with this website;
http://www.tokyometro.jp/en/ticket/value/1day/index.html
I didn't know there are so many kinds of discount tickets in Japan. mm, Thanks.
by Miya (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: tokyo subway ticket 2015/2/15 20:35
As you can see in this website:

http://www.tokyometro.jp/en/ticket/value/travel/index.html#anc03

Tokyo Subway Ticket (1 day 800, 2 day 1200 and 3 day 1500 JPY) appears to be sold now in BIC Camera stores in central Tokyo (only to foreign passport holders).

We arrive to Japan via Kansai Airport, so it could be our only chance to buy the tickets.

Can anyone confirm this information?
by JinRoh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: tokyo subway ticket 2015/2/17 17:16
Yes, your are correct.

All passes available in Tokyo are explained very clearly here:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2017.html
by lnkhang rate this post as useful

Re: tokyo subway ticket 2015/2/17 20:06
Yes, they updated the info since I sent them feedback using the form
by JinRoh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: tokyo subway ticket 2015/2/17 21:55
Indeed, thanks to JinRoh's feedback, the information is now up to date.
by admin rate this post as useful

reply to this thread