Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

from Takachiho Bus Center to Takachiho Gorge 2015/1/8 18:03
Can anyone provide a schedule for the local bus traveling to and from Takachiho Bus Center and Takachiho Gorge?

Also, what is the approximate taxi fare from Takachiho Bus Center to Takachiho Gorge?

Thank you.
by janegira  

Re: from Takachiho Bus Center to Takachiho Gorge 2015/1/9 10:28
Not sure if there's a local bus, but the last time I walked and it took about 20 mins from the bus center to the gorge.

Taxi fare is 1000 yen each way.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: from Takachiho Bus Center to Takachiho Gorge 2015/1/9 10:56

If I remember correctly the bus stop for the gorge was near Takachiho-jinja, which is about 10 minute walk from the bus centre ,and about 10 minute walk to the gorge itself.

Taxi form the bus centre is about 1200 yens: http://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php?city=Fukuoka-Japan&from=%E6%97%...
by liem (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: from Takachiho Bus Center to Takachiho Gorge 2015/1/9 11:39
You can find the bus schedule between Takachiho bus centre (高千穂) 高千穂 BC to Takachiho-jinja (高千穂神社) 高千穂神社 on the lower right-hand side under五ヶ瀬線 五ヶ瀬線. Arriving at Takachiho-jinja there is a foot path on the left that leads down to the gorge and the walk is about 10-15 min.

http://www.miyakoh.co.jp/bus/rosen/0_jikoku/7-01_20141001.pdf

by William5 rate this post as useful

Re: from Takachiho Bus Center to Takachiho Gorge 2015/1/9 11:41
You can find the bus schedule between Takachiho bus centre (高千穂 BC) to Takachiho-jinja (高千穂神社) on the lower right-hand side under 五ヶ瀬線. Arriving at Takachiho-jinja there is a foot path on the left that leads down to the gorge and the walk is about 10-15 min.

http://www.miyakoh.co.jp/bus/rosen/0_jikoku/7-01_20141001.pdf

Re: from Takachiho Bus Center to Takachiho Gorge 2015/1/9 11:44
sorry for the double posts - there seems to be something wrong with my computer. My last post should be correct.

Re: from Takachiho Bus Center to Takachiho Gorge 2015/1/9 12:23
Thank you all. Big help.
by janegira rate this post as useful

Re: from Takachiho Bus Center to Takachiho Gorge 2015/1/9 13:15
Note that it easier to take a cab there since the bus center is also has a small office for taxidermist.

In fact, I think the taxi drivers moonlight as the bus drivers since buses from Takachiho to Nobeoka and back are infrequent.

I have the Takachiho-Nobeoka bus schedules if you need.

From the gorge to the bus center it would take about 900 yen (870 for me). On the way back, it is less likely to find a taxi. Most locals do a self drive to reach Takachiho, so you probably have to walk (uphill past Takachiho Hotel then Takachiho Shrine) or hitch hike.

Recommended to stay at Takachiho Hotel or to rent a car.

Most hotels have a service (mine was a free service) to and fro Takachiho Shrine for the Yokagura.

P.S.
The gorge has an average waiting time of 40 minutes. So come early, get a tag, wait, give tag to bouncer, get on boat for 30 minutes. Every extra 10 minutes above 30 minutes you've got to pay extra. How they enforce this rule, I do not know.

There are no seats for waiting but there is an aqaurium and a really large Omiyage store nearby.
by joshua hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: from Takachiho Bus Center to Takachiho Gorge 2015/1/9 13:26
Note that it easier to take a cab there since the bus center is also has a small office for taxidermist.

Wow, interesting combo. Maybe they stuff the roadkill they collect on their routes? ;)

In fact, I think the taxi drivers moonlight as the bus drivers since buses from Takachiho to Nobeoka and back are infrequent.

Fyi, the bus and taxi are both part of the Miyakoh Group, so they are essentially sister companies.

And I would also consider getting a rental car if possible. It will make exploring the area a lot easier.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: from Takachiho Bus Center to Takachiho Gorge 2015/1/9 17:46
Does anyone know if the bus to and from Takachiho and Kumamoto can be reserved in advance? Thanks again.
by janegira rate this post as useful

reply to this thread