Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Things to see and do in Nara prefecture 2015/1/11 19:19
I'm thinking about going to see the Wakakusa Yamayaki festival in Nara in a couple of weeks. I want to see the fireworks and obviously the burning of the mountain. However these events don't take place until the evening, so my question is does anyone have recommendations for other things to do in Nara-ken for the rest of the day? I live in Japan so have already seen the major tourist attractions, and I have access to a car so really anywhere around Nara-ken is ok. I'm looking for less well known places that I won't have already visited.

A few places I'm considering are the Shigi-san onsen and a hike around Mount Takatori so if anyone has any experience of these places please let me know. Thank you :)
by PhilipJFry  

Re: Things to see and do in Nara prefecture 2015/1/12 08:43
Hasedera and Muroji if you have not been there yet:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e4175.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Things to see and do in Nara prefecture 2015/1/12 11:43
I haven't been to either yet! Hasedera looks like it would be better to save and visit in hanami or koyo seasons so maybe I will head there around those times, but Muroji looks interesting. Thanks a lot!
by PhilipJFry rate this post as useful

Re: Things to see and do in Nara prefecture 2015/1/18 21:28
Just another quick question, does anyone have a recommendation of the best place to watch the fire from? Is up close best, or from further away to sense the scale?
by PhilipJFry rate this post as useful

reply to this thread