Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 23

1 2
next

USJ pass/express ticket advance purchase 2015/1/15 15:41
I'm planning to visit USJ for 2 days on 27-28 Feb'15 and I'd like to buy the 2-days pass & express 5 pass in advance to avoid queuing at the purchase booth in front of the park.

There is information that major JR stations in OSAKA sell the ticket. I wonder if they sell both 2-days ticket & express ticket?

Another option for me is buy online tickets (I googled translate from USJ Japanese official site) that the online ticket is available for both 2 days ticket & express 5 pass. Please correct if I misunderstand it.

How about LAWSON? do they sell both tickets too?

Another question for the online ticket is do I need to exchange the e-ticket for admission pass in front of the park again or it can be use to enter the park direclty?

I would be appreciated if anyone could help me out. Thanks.
by Khunaonniie (guest)  

Re: USJ pass/express ticket advance purchase 2015/1/16 11:37
I went to USJ twice last year - once in November, and again in December. I am under the impression that you cannot buy Express Passes anywhere except at the gate. I bought my entry ticket in November from Kansai airport when I arrived, and then got to the park before opening time to buy my Express Pass - no issues, and they started selling tickets around 9am for a 10am open (although the park opened at 9.30am due to the huge crowds - they started blocking the ticket booths!). I would just buy the tickets at the gate, but be sure to get there early to line up. I got there about 8.30am and was about third in the line.
In December I went after 3pm for cheaper entry, and still got an entry ticket (I've heard USJ don't cap entries like Disney), but the Express Passes had sold out.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: USJ pass/express ticket advance purchase 2015/1/16 13:40
i got my tickets online. if you intend to buy BOTH express pass and online ticket, you will not be able to do collection as the express pass doesn't allow for collection. (unless u separate the order).

you can opt for the QR code, or have it shipped to your hotel. I opted for QR code, then you will be asked to print relevant documents.

for online ticket purchase, you can print it out.

for express pass, you can save it into your phone / print a copy of it just in case. its always a good idea to screenshot it on your phone (make sure its clear) and have a physical copy - the website does warn that sometimes USJ may experience unstable network if you're on WIFI.

the system's pretty easy to use - only thing you gotta note is the timing which you schedule your Harry Potter Area and your Harry Potter Ride timings - you have to choose these at the time of booking.

I've also heard some say that you can just purchase the Express pass online, and the entry ticket when you're there - but I purchased both because I didn't want to have to worry about purchasing those in Japan. I do hear that entrance passes are not limited - but i didn't want to risk having an express pass but being unable to enter!

by BloodPrincess rate this post as useful

Re: USJ pass/express ticket advance purchase 2015/1/17 17:14
I'm also interested in buying an advanced 2-day pass to USJ - can anyone please let me know if Kansai Airport sells 2-day passes?

If Kansai Airport doesn't sell the 2-day pass, which train stations are our best bet?

Thanks in advance!
by rayeraye rate this post as useful

Re: USJ pass/express ticket advance purchase 2015/1/17 18:49
the pass (not the express ticket), can be bought at a lot of places, including lawsons, which can be found almost everywhere.

depends on how much in "advance" you'd want to purchase these. the USJ pass alone is not hard to purchase in advance - it's the express tickets that make it SLIGHTLY more challenging.

Re: USJ pass/express ticket advance purchase 2015/3/5 11:33
Blood Princess, what site did you use in buying the express pass online?
by Eyin (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: USJ pass/express ticket advance purchase 2015/3/5 15:29
USJ's official website. :)

http://www.usj.co.jp/ticket/webticket/?area=w_h_epass

if you still have issues, please drop me an email or something (bloodprincess@live.com) with the dates you want to book and the types of pass - i'll draft out a guide for you :)

it's too difficult to draft out a generic guide as there are many options :D

Re: USJ pass/express ticket advance purchase 2015/3/5 19:06
HELLO! I decided to write a guide for you guys since some of my friends are asking me how as well - check out my guide below ^^ the images are a little small, sorry you have to click to view the larger images.

https://dippedincrimson.wordpress.com/2015/03/05/purchasing-studio-and...

:)

Re: USJ pass/express ticket advance purchase 2015/3/6 00:15
Hi,BloodPrincess! I've reached step7 in which I already clicked the time for Wizarding World of HP, which among the yellow buttons should I click next for me to reach step8?

Re: USJ pass/express ticket advance purchase 2015/3/6 01:17
ah my bad. forgot that! just click the "ŽŸ‚Ö". that typically means "Next"

Re: USJ pass/express ticket advance purchase 2015/3/7 08:14
Thanks a lot BloodPrincess. You are such a big help. I did it!

Re: USJ pass/express ticket advance purchase 2015/3/7 19:29
Thank you again, BloodPrincess.

While I managed to get my tickets and express passes online a little over a week ago, there were some problems involved that I didn't figure out until a day or two later. It was one of those "the only mistake I made was thinking that I made a mistake when it turned out that I didn't" situations.

The "other" instructions said click on the yellow button to go to the express pass section to print them out. It should have said what your page does, that pressing the yellow button saves your tickets to a PDF file. What it also took me a while to understand was that the PDF file contained all three of my tickets, while the express pass section prints out or saves a single pass at a time.

The express pass section has two options. The left selection prints a single pass to a PDF file, while the right selection gives a URL to download the PDF for that pass. The two pass selections are for different versions of the pass, so when you print them, they look different. But the main thing is the QR code, and that's the same on both versions.

All the passes of the same style look the same, but the last two digits of their serial number help you tell them apart. So, if you have more than one pass, keep track of the serial numbers (if you have, say, 3 passes, make sure you have separate copies of all 3, and not 2 of one and 1 of another, or even 3 copies of the same pass).

Finally, there are two times listed on the express passes. The first is your entry time into Harry Potter, and the second is your reserved time to ride the Forbidden Journey (and if it is forbidden, how come we can ride it anyhow?). Missing the Harry Potter entry window is, of course, as bad as missing any other fast pass time, as is missing the Forbidden Journey reserved time, only in this situation you paid big bucks that get wasted, as well as your time. So, don't forget you have a reservation time for the Forbidden Journey ride, as well as basic entry into Harry Potter. In my case, the time slots were 11:00 to 11:15 and 11:15 to 11:30. It's easy to use Google translate to see these sections in English.

My daughter is too sort to ride the Forbidden Journey, so one parent gets to watch the kid while the other rides (aka child switch, I hope). When parent #1 comes out, he or she gets to watch the kid while parent #2 rides. After this, my guess is that either parent #1 or #2 can then use the kid's fast pass to ride Forbidden Journey a second time.

My other suggestion (for those of us who are paranoid, obsessive or both) is to make copies of all fast passes so that everyone has a printed copy of all of them. This also means putting copies of all the PDF and/or JPG files on everyone's smart phone and/or tablet. As has been said, you can print out as many copies as you want, but only the first one scanned will count. The Kindle app is a good one for saving and viewing PDF files.

Thanks again for BloodPrincess and her wonderful work. My suggestions are in no way meant to criticize -- only to explain what I went through, in case someone else ends up doing the same thing.

by Susan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: USJ pass/express ticket advance purchase 2015/3/9 11:52
Haha good to know it helped! I'll add that section in on the last part, like you said it helps.

I left it out because (well kind of) I hadn't used the tickets yet and I didn't want to expose any possible areas that might render my own tickets unusable. :p Can never be sure!

But agreed to your point of making multiple copies just in case of emergencies. :)

Re: USJ pass/express ticket advance purchase 2015/3/13 18:22
Hi Blood Princess,

If I want to buy the studio pass AND the express 5 pass, which option is that in the table in your Step 3? Is the that Royal Pass (A)? I used google translate on the page and there seems to be no option that is both for studio pass and express pass together.

Thanks.
by marie (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: USJ pass/express ticket advance purchase 2015/4/11 06:28
Ok I've tried to follow the steps and still can't seem to get express passes! Please help! It keeps saying not available, but I've tried nearly every day and it says the same thing!
by HAYNgirl (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: USJ pass/express ticket advance purchase 2015/4/12 16:58
i already placed my 1 day pass. but when clicking the express pass 5, i cant choose an admission date. does that mean there's no avail pass for the whole month of april? :(
by aperire19 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: USJ pass/express ticket advance purchase 2015/4/22 10:20
I'm back from my trip, and had no trouble with the tickets and express passes I purchased online.

Strict times were not enforced, so you can probably enter a little earlier or later than your pass says for Harry Potter. I did a child switch and waited with our daughter. When it came time to ride, my Forbidden Journey express pass window had already expired by close to half an hour. But there was no problem when the pass was scanned. I saw people entering Harry Potter at least 15 minutes before their pass times, with no problem. There is no scan there, just an employee doing a manual check.

While the park was crowded, especially Harry Potter, the rest of the park rides only entailed short waits. My daughter loved the new Wonderland and the Minions show was mildly entertaining.

Taking the Captain Line boat from the USJ landing to the aquarium was also a fun trip, which we did the day before entering USJ.
by Susan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: USJ pass/express ticket advance purchase 2015/4/23 19:42
We had the same trouble with choosing the timed entry. It works if you don't google translate the page :/
by Chip (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: USJ pass/express ticket advance purchase 2015/4/25 22:59
I tried to purchase USJ ticket online but the website told that it only can be purchased by member and person who has yahoo japan ID. Can anybody tell me how to purchase the ticket from other country? Thanks before
by dina.zakiudin (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: USJ pass/express ticket advance purchase 2015/4/26 14:44
hai, i finally managed to purchase the ticket but how do i get the PDF file of QR code? thanks
by dina.zakiudin (guest) rate this post as useful

Page 1 of 2: Posts 1 - 20 of 23

1 2
next

reply to this thread