Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

shinjuku, tokyo to osaka by bullet train 2015/1/15 16:00
Hi! I just want to know how to get to osaka from shinjuku, tokyo by shinkansen? how and where to get tickets? we will be staying at sunroute plaza hotel shinjuku this march. Where is the nearest station in shinjuku for us to ride the shinkansen to osaka? and what is the best hotel to stay in osaka, which is near train station, or near universal studio thanks for helping
by Emerson Chua (guest)  

Re: shinjuku, tokyo to osaka by bullet train 2015/1/16 08:14
You can buy Shinkansen tickets from any just about any station in Japan, Shinjuku will be easy as it's a main station.

You need to catch the shinkansen from either Tokyo station or Shinagawa station as these are the only two shinkansen stations for trains to Osaka. Either take a yamanote line train to shinagawa, or a Chuo rapid to Tokyo.
by pas7680 rate this post as useful

Re: shinjuku, tokyo to osaka by bullet train 2015/1/16 09:06
There are several ticket reservation office(Green color) in JR Shinjuku Station. Visit one of those ticket office and book your Shinkansen tickets between Shinagawa and Shin-Osaka.
Go to JR Shinagawa station by JR Yamanote line(Green), preferably cabin number 10 or 11. When the Yamanote train arrives in Shinagawa station, go to up stair and then turn right(wall on the left side), go straight ahead there you will see Shinkansen Exit, slip your Shinkansen ticket(two ticket together, one for Shinkansen ticket and the other is for reservation ticket) get back those two tickets from the ticket machine, go to right side then descend by escalator to Platform number 23 or 24, you will see Shinkansen leaves for Shin-Osaka there.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: shinjuku, tokyo to osaka by bullet train 2015/2/27 18:35
Thanks for the helpful info, I have another question, I need a shinkansen ticket that is oneway... that is from tokyo to osaka only. Is there ticket for oneway? How much will it cost per ticket? should I buy them before going to Japan? or I can buy them when I'm in Japan days before going to osaka?
by Mr.E (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: shinjuku, tokyo to osaka by bullet train 2015/2/27 19:38
Yeah there are one way tickets... no you can't purchase them out of Japan

about 145000 yen via Nozomi Shinkansen, reserved seat

by asahana (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: shinjuku, tokyo to osaka by bullet train 2015/2/27 21:48
Noooooooooo!!!! 145000Y (too much zero)

@Mr.E
You should post as new Q.

Now regular (no discount) fare is 14450Y/oneway adult Nozomi reserved(ordinary) cars.
http://www.hyperdia.com/en/cgi/en/search.html?dep_node=TOKYO&arv_node=...
Slower shinkansen Hikari and Kodama are cheaper.

@asahana
name "asahaka" matched tonight :)
by Npo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: shinjuku, tokyo to osaka by bullet train 2015/3/2 17:42
@npo
Sorry for the confuse, actually Emerson Chua and Mr. E are the same person, By the way thanks for the info
by Emerson Chua (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: shinjuku, tokyo to osaka by bullet train 2015/3/2 19:52
I loved the sunroute, stayed there when I was there in Nov/Dec. Beautiful hotel...

It's a min walk to Shinjuku stn...
by sillyhead rate this post as useful

Re: shinjuku, tokyo to osaka by bullet train 2015/3/2 23:29
If you want a cheaper price on your Shinkansen ride but don't need the speed of the Nozomi service, you could try the Kodama (more or les one hour slower) with this special ticket:

http://www.jrtours.co.jp/kodama/en/
by FunkHouse rate this post as useful

Re: shinjuku, tokyo to osaka by bullet train 2015/3/2 23:32
I just checked the schedule: taking Kodama is 1h30min longer than Nozomi.
by FunkHouse rate this post as useful

reply to this thread