Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

My November Itinerary 2015 2015/1/17 10:03

Here it is! Our Plan! Thank you everyone for the help so far. What do you think if this plan? Anything we should try to add? Anything seem unrealistic?
Suggestions? Comments?

Leave 19th Thursday

20TH Friday TOKYO
Arrive ~5pm: – check in hotel, eat dinner

21ST Saturday TOKYO
Tokyo sky tree, Bandai, Akihabara

22ND Sunday TOKYO
–possible stop to Kawaguchi Lake (view of Fuji)

23RD TRAVEL HIROSHIMA @10am Travel time: 5 hours
Check in Nighttime view Peace Dome/Dinner

24TH Tuesday HIROSHIMA – Itsukushima Shrine/Miyajima/Mt. Misen

25TH Wednesday HIROSHIMA – Peace Memorial/Castle/grounds/Museum
Travel Time Kyoto: 160 minutes = 2 ½ hours

26TH Thursday KYOTO –
Kiyomizu Temple, Tea Ceremony Camellia, Maruyama Picnic, Gion District

27TH Friday KYOTO
Fushimi Inari (2-3 hours), Tofukuji

28TH Saturday KYOTO
Golden Pavilion (less than 1 hour), Bamboo Forest, Tenryuji, Arashiyama

29TH Sunday KYOTO
Kyoto Imperial Palace (1-2 hours), Heian
Tokyo Travel time: 2 ½ hours

30TH Monday TOKYO
hotel, Ghibli museum

1ST Tuesday TOKYO -
Leave ~4pm:
H
by Will Lazarus  

Re: My November Itinerary 2015 2015/1/19 07:56
Hi,

Since you are going Sky Tree I would recommend trying to fit in Asakusa Shrine after that as it is very close by and definitely worth a visit.

The Tokyo Sky Tree can have waiting times of up to two hours, last time I went on a Monday I got in within about 5 minutes which was great but the first time was on a Friday which took 2 hours!

Also Studio Ghibli is half a day if not less depending where you are staying, you could probably fit in something else on that day.

Jon & Xiaoran

by Rinupanu rate this post as useful

Re: My November Itinerary 2015 2015/1/19 09:45
I agree about the Ghibli Museum. They stagger the tickets in two-hour stages because that's about how long people spend in the museum.
by sq (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: My November Itinerary 2015 2015/1/19 09:56
Hi,
I went to Japan last year on the same dates and for my experience, your itinerary seems perfectly doable. I'll throw in some comments based in my trip:
- A night illumination display along the Peace Blvd is held every year in Hiroshima; last year it started at November 17, so chances are it's in display when you are in Hiroshima. If interested, check this website closer to your trip date:
http://www.dreamination.com/
- Daiso-in in Miyajima was one of our favorite temples, lots of curios staff about Buddhism in it, it's worth to pay a visit if you have time while in Miyajima.
- If you schedule allows it, you may want to stop in Himeji on your way from Hiroshima to Kyoto to see the castle.
- The highlight of Kyoto for us was Eikando, mostly due to the utterly amazing autumn colors we enjoyed there. I would say it's a must when in Kyoto during the koyo season. Eikando is at walking distance from Maruyama park, so you can visit it on November 26th. Also, note that some temples will be open at night with special illuminations.
by Okazaky rate this post as useful

Re: My November Itinerary 2015 2015/1/26 11:28
OKaaaay...

You guys are terrible! Adding all these things to my itinerary!

Eikando was already on the plan. A tea ceremony is also on our list. Possible we may take the girls for a Geisha photo session.

1. Any suggestions for what to do on the Ghibli day?

2. I am a toy collector (major big boy toys). I am looking for a place to buy expensive figurines. Akihabara is on the list, anywhere else specifically I should visit?

3.We are working on a day trip to Kawaguchiko Lake area. We found a bus from Shinjuku to Fujkyu for about 17 dollars.... then we figures to tour Chureito Pagoda.

More suggestions ??
Keep them coming!

by Will Lazarus rate this post as useful

Re: My November Itinerary 2015 2015/2/1 06:38
You can check out Nakano Broadway after visiting Ghibli museum, it's in the way back to central Tokyo. There were some figurines shops, mostly second-hand stuff. People claim prices are better at Nakano Broadway than in Akihabara, but I can't say myself, I just wandered around in both places without buying anything.
If you are into toys and have children, you may enjoy the Gundamn statue in Odaiba.
There are some shops in Sky Tree shopping center you may enjoy also (Disney, Ultraman, Mooming cafe). I recommend you to visit the Studio Ghibli shop here even if you are planning to pass by the one in the museum, they have partly different stock.
by Okazaky rate this post as useful

Re: My November Itinerary 2015 2015/2/1 08:16
As someone else already suggested, the Asakusa Temple is definitely worth a visit. http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3001.html
The walk leading to the main building is lined with colorful shops where a variety of items is being sold, from rice crackers, sweets, souvenirs to food. It is much fun for adults and kids alike. You simply can't visit Tokyo without visiting Asakusa Shrine ;-))
by Dutch Ann rate this post as useful

Re: My November Itinerary 2015 2015/2/1 09:10
Might I suggest going up the Sky Tree at night? When we went in November 2012 we got there while it was still light (I guess just before sunset) and the lines were really long so we flagged going up and browsed the mall instead (it wasn't a major thing on our list anyway). When we came back out, the line was short enough to walk right up to the counter. I don't know if that's usual or just our luck, but it was amazing, very glad we went up. Now we try to visit every landmark tower :P
by Kiwi Alex (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread