Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Odoriko Superview 2015/1/17 20:56
Does this train have a smoking compartment or booth on it?
Thanks.
by lilien  

Re: Odoriko Superview 2015/1/18 10:31
No, smoking is not possible, at all, on Odoriko trains. The only trains in Japan you can smoke on these days are selected trains along the Tokaido/Sanyo Shinkansen.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Odoriko Superview 2015/1/18 22:53
Thanks for the reply, Uji.
I always thought that there was a smoking compartment on all Shinkansen trains. That's an eye opener for me.
I guess it's only a matter of time when there is no smoking on all Shinkansen.
I guess I better make sure that there are smoking compartments on the Shinkansen for my next trip. Lol.
by lilien rate this post as useful

Re: Odoriko Superview 2015/1/19 02:48
I suggest you quit smoking. I quit cold turkey in 1985. That's the only way. It's called will power. :)
by Dick H rate this post as useful

Re: Odoriko Superview 2015/1/19 09:07
I guess I better make sure that there are smoking compartments on the Shinkansen for my next trip

All trains along the Tokaido Shinkansen (Tokyo-Osaka) have either smoking booths or smoking cars. And selected trains along the Sanyo and Kyushu Shinkansen (Osaka - Fukuoka - Kagoshima) have smoking rooms or cars (most Nozomi, Hikari, Sakura and Mizuho trains).
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Odoriko Superview 2015/1/19 18:37
Thanks for the clarification, Uji. I had thought that the smoking cars were a thing of the past and had been replaced by smoking booths.
by lilien rate this post as useful

reply to this thread