Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kamikochi: possible April 14th? 2015/1/20 04:43
My husband and I will go to Japan in March/April this year for 3 weeks. We already booked a couple of places (Tokyo, Mt Fuji, Kyoto, Hiroshima).

After Hiroshima we would like to do the Tsumago/magome hike and after this hike we would love to go to the japanese Alps for 3 nights. We heard that Kamikochi is very beautiful, but the place is mostly open from April 22nd.
We are planning to stay in Kamikochi from the 14th till the 17th of April. Does anybody know if Kamikochi will be open in this period? And the hiking trails as well? Is another option in the Japanese Alps open?

Thanks!
by Peggy (guest)  

Re: Kamikochi: possible April 14th? 2015/1/20 09:54
I don't think that the opening date for 2015 has been announced yet, but in recent years it has never been before April 20.

However, it is possible to walk into Kamikochi even when it is not officially open yet. Appropriate equipment and preparation will be necessary. Some basics are explained here:
http://www.kamikochi.or.jp/winter/3866/

by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread