Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Izu Travelling Advice 2015/1/21 00:09
Hi,

I am planning to visit Izu from Tokyo in mid Feb for the onsen.

Can anyone be so kind to advise of good hourly charged private onsen in Izu?

Also, what period will the Kawazu Cherry Blossom Festival 2015 be held? is it held on a daily basis or just weekends or specific days?

thanks in advance for your help!
by lyn (guest)  

Re: Izu Travelling Advice 2015/1/21 10:01
The sakura festival in Kawazu this year is held from Feb 10 to Mar 10.

http://www.kawazu-onsen.com/sakura/images/27omote.pdf

by William5 rate this post as useful

Re: Izu Travelling Advice 2015/1/21 12:06
The Kawazu Cherry Blossom Festival (Kawazu Zakura Matsuri) is held every year from February 10 through March 10. Despite the cold weather, one million people visit Kawazu during the period of one month to enjoy the biggest event of the town. The cherry trees are beautifully illuminated at night and will captivate anyone who sees them.
by soletraveler rate this post as useful

Re: Izu Travelling Advice 2015/1/21 14:28
It's a bit further but I find that the Minami Izu Cherry Blossom festival (same days) is the better of the two as it has a smaller crowd and is more provincial in nature.

The days are the same and you catch the train all the way to Shimoda and catch a bus to Minami Izu (around 1000 Yen return from memory - buy the ticket at the tourism booth).

I've stayed at quite a few places in the Izu peninsula. The onsens are nice, but the water is nothing special. I've not stayed in a place which has hourly rental onsens in Izu but there should be some places....
by mfedley rate this post as useful

reply to this thread