Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shipping luggage to apartment and airport? 2015/1/24 03:37
I did this on my last trip, but wanted to get clarification on takuhaibin/taQbin services in Tokyo.

I plan to do the following:

1. On the second day of my trip, ship my larger suitcase from one convenience store so that it arrives two weeks later at my destination (incidentally, in the same area). I'm going to be out of Tokyo for about two weeks before I return, and I don't want to lug the larger piece of luggage with me as I traverse the country.

2. Near the end of my trip, ship luggage from a convenience store to the airport.

At the last leg of my trip (where #2 is considered), I will be staying in an apartment in Akihabara. I was wondering if anyone is aware of nearby Kuroneko Yamato locations - that might be better than shipping from a 7-11? Does anyone recommend a specific service for shipping luggage around the country & to the airport?

Kind regards and thanks in advance.
by WongJP  

Re: Shipping luggage to apartment and airport? 2015/1/24 10:36
1. Not possible to ship two weeks ahead, the maximum is one week.

2. You can look up Yamato stores here, but it's in Japanese only.

http://sneko2.kuronekoyamato.co.jp/sneko2/contents/jsp/sn2/SNTPJS0010.jsp

If you don't read Japanese, give us an address and someone here can look up nearby offices for you.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Shipping luggage to apartment and airport? 2015/1/24 11:03
Yamato have an excellent website in English.
kuronekoyamato.co.jp/en/contact.
They also have a English phone contact, freecall 0120 17 9625 if in Japan or you can call 03 6757 1061 if you cannot freecall or you are calling from outside Japan. Hours 9am-6pm Japan time, 365 days of the year.

Is the apartment you are going to stay at in Akihabara, a serviced apartment with reception, or is it independantly owned? If it has a reception then you could call them and explain you want to send luggage for your arrival and they may store it for you. Otherwise you may have to travel with it for a week then send it on for delivery a day after your arrival at Akihabara. You can get Yamato to call by your apartment 2 days before departure, pick up your luggage and take to the airport. You must know all details, terminal# flight # departure time.
The English language phone number is where you book all this, you do not need go to convenience store. Ring and ask where their depots are if you want to drop off.
by Love Japan (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shipping luggage to apartment and airport? 2015/1/29 09:46
Thanks for the input, both of you!

I think what I will do is have it shipped to a friend I'm visiting during the first leg of my trip. From there, we can have it shipped to the apartment (it's not serviced or has reception, so I'd have to buzz in the deliveryman myself / wait for the luggage on a particular day) or maybe to the conbini across the street or a Yamato center nearby.
by WongJP rate this post as useful

reply to this thread