Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR Pass itinerary 2015/1/25 00:00
4 of us will be travelling to Japan from 9/5/15 to 16/5/15. Planned itinerary:
9/5 (Sat): Arrive Tokyo. Walk around.
10/5 (Sun): Join a local tour to Mt Fuji Station 5 and Fuji Shibazakura, overnight in Tokyo.
11/5 (Mon): Afternoon depart Tokyo to Hakone, overnight in Hakone.
12/5(Tue): Hakone.
13/5 (Wed) Hakone to Kyoto. Walk around.
14/5 (Thu): Hire a taxi to Miyajima and Arashiyama.
15/5(Fri): Afternoon depart from Kyoto to Osaka.
16/5(Sat): Morning depart from Kansai Airport.
Any advice on the above itinerary. Would also like to know what type of train tickets to buy. Is it more economical to use JR Pass for our trip?
by Doreen (guest)  

Re: JR Pass itinerary 2015/1/25 10:12
14/5....Is that the Miyajima in Hiroshima Prefecture? Hiring a taxi from Kyoto will not be possible. You need to take a train to Miyajimaguchi and take the JR ferry to the island.

Get a 7 day JR Pass and use it on your day 10/5 through 16/5. It should pay off with a trip from Tokyo to Kyoto and a round trip to Hiroshima to Osaka.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: 8-Day Japan itinerary 2015/1/25 10:58
Thank you, John for your reply.
I meant Miyama and Arashiyama areas. The taxi driver quoted me 8 hours day trip excluding parking fees. May I know whether the parking fees cost a lot? Is it a good idea to hire a taxi driver as I have only 2 full days in Kyoto? We are very much into scenery but not temples. That's why we choose to hire a taxi driver going outskirts.
As for Tokyo, will it be better to stay around Namba or Shinsaibashi as we need to take a train from Tokyo to Hokane?
by Doreen (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread