Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Which pass to buy ? 2015/1/25 11:53
Hi,

Below are our draft itineraries. This is our first trip to Japan and we're confused with the different type of pass. Based on our itineraries, which pass should we buy ?
Should we get at 7 days JPR and travel from Day 5 to 11 and the rest on Sucia card ?

Hope someone can help us.

Day 1 Reach Osaka 21.20, proceed to Hotel
Day2 Nara Park, Osaka Castle
Day3 Umeda, Shinsaibashi/Dotonbori
Day4 Universal Studio
Day5 Kobe-Explore by Kobe Loop Bus or Walk
Day6 Kyoto-Explore by Kyoto City Bus. 1)Take bus “ì5 to Fushimi Inari Shrine.
2) Back to Kyoto Station and take Bus 100 or 206 to Kiymizudera 3) Take bus 207 to Shjio Takakura. Takakura Dori walk inward will reach Nishiki Market
Day 7 Check out Hotel and arrange luggage courier to Tokyo. Take morning train to Kanazawa. Visit Omi-Chio Market, Hida Kokubunji Temple
Day 8Kanazawa to Shirakawago by bus
Day 9 Kanazawa to Nagano. Take morning 10.00 train. Drop by Zenko Ji Temple (Walking distrance from station). Proceed to Yudanaka Onsen
Day 10 Snow Monkey trial in the morning. Take train to Tokyo afternoon 4pm.
Day 11 Disneyland
Day 12 Disyneysea
Day 13 Asakusa Temple, Kappabashi Street , Akihabara
Day 14 Shibuya/Harajuku/Shinjuku/Odaiba-Kaihinkoen
Day 15 Tokyo - Yokohama(Cup Noodle Museum, Chinatown, Yamashita Park, Kamakura)
Day 16 No plan (Flt home at 20.50)
by lsharon  

Re: Which pass to buy ? 2015/1/25 17:18
Hi,

The best way is to calculate the total of transportation cost for your trip approximately. I don't think it is difficult because you could get Hyperdia.

I will give you a hint.
Based on your plan, I simplified them:
Day1to Day 4: Osaka.
Day5: Kobe
Day6: Kyoto
Day7: Tokyo
Day8: Kanazawa to Shirakawago
Day9: Kanazawa to Nagano
Day10 to Day14: Tokyo
Day15: Tokyo to Yokohama.

From Day10 to Day15: inside of Tokyo, and short distance to Yokohama, so regional/National Pass does not pay off. Maybe you should consider Tokyo day pass.

From Day1 to Day6: inside of Osaka, and short distance among Kobe, Osaka, and Kyoto, so regional/National Pass does not pay off.

Now, my concern is about Kyoto to Tokyo, and Kanazawa to Tokyo and vice.ve . It costs much. Therefore, you may consider a regional pass for 4 days: Day6 to Day9.

I hope it is helpful. :)))

I feel your plan is a little bit strange, but maybe it is personal.

by lnkhang rate this post as useful

Re: Which pass to buy ? 2015/1/28 08:12
Hi

This is our first trip to Japan so i hv no idea hw to plan. May be you can edit my itinerary since you find it strange?

by lsharon rate this post as useful

reply to this thread