Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Validity of passport going back to japan 2015/1/25 15:15
I am a permanent resident in japan.I just to askifitis okay for me to travel out of the country for only 5 days & return back to japan five months before my passport expires?going to my destination doesn't have a problem at all for i was assured it's okay.my concern is upon going back japan since i don't have enough time now to renew a new passport before my departure date.would it be okay going back here(japan)without a problem cause i dont want to encounter such during my flight,please let me know immediately.
by glory kurisuno (guest)  

Re: Validity of passport going back to japan 2015/1/25 21:49
Lol, if you're a resident, why are you asking a forum? Any reasonable person would contact a government office with such a question!
by ... (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Validity of passport going back to japan 2015/1/25 22:08
It is such a waste of your time and people who reply, "I think", "maybe", etc.
The only way to know for sure is to ask Japanese Immigration.
by Dick H rate this post as useful

Re: Validity of passport going back to japan 2015/1/26 09:00
Why would it be a problem? I don't see what you are worried about. Your passport is still valid when you re-enter Japan, isn't it? That's all you need.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Validity of passport going back to japan 2015/1/26 09:11
Being a permanent resident in the USA holding a european passport I understand your concern. The rule here in the US used to be, and probably still is, that when re-entering the US my european passport should still be valid for at least another 6 months.
You should check with the Japanese immigration department to find out if there is a similar rule in Japan.
Good luck!
by Dutch Ann rate this post as useful

Re: Validity of passport going back to japan 2015/1/26 09:48
No, there is no such rule in Japan. No need to check with immigration.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Validity of passport going back to japan 2015/1/26 10:32
there is unwritten rules where your passport must at least have 6 months left before expire to make a trip abroad.Told by travel agents/immigration.

But then again, unless you got questioned by immigration and have valid reasons it should not be a problem.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread