Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Confused with the tokyo station 2015/1/25 19:34
hi,

I ride shinkansen from Nagoya to Tokyo in mid of feb and I stay in Asakusa area. I want to know which route is better if the Shinkansen stop in Shinagawa station or Tokyo station? How to transfer from Shinkansen platform to subway line if transfer from Tokyo Station since the Tokyo station quite confusing me?

I plan to visit Yokohama the next day for a day trip since I need to put my luggage in Asakusa and plan to use JR tokaido line. I plan buy suica card for 2 day in Tokyo. Any other pass more convenient? Also I am going to leaving Japan through Haneda Airport from Asakusa area, which railway is more convenient to airport?

Hope to know more .... please help me. thanks
by Guest (guest)  

Re: Confused with the tokyo station 2015/1/26 09:44
Transfer at Shinagawa to the Keikyu/Asakusa subwayline.

Some of the trains on the Asakusa subway line continue to Haneda airport. Check hyperdia.com for schedule.
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Confused with the tokyo station 2015/1/26 21:53
thanks for the advice .
by Guest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Confused with the tokyo station 2015/1/27 00:50
The Shinkansen from Nagoya arrives on the platform No.21 or 22 in Shinagawa station.
Shinagawa station is a complex station of JR East, JR Tokai and Keikyu lines. So you can go to Keikyu Shinagawa station just follow the sign. Then go to Keikyu Shinagawa station platform No.2(not JR Shinagawa platform No.2). There you need to catch a train which goes to Asakusa, Ginza, Nihonbashi direction. If you catch a train goes to Sengakuji station, it will stop at Sengakuji and then off there and wait for the next train to come. It takes 21 mins and 400 Yen.

For Yokohama, catch a train for one of "Misakiguchi", "Miura-kaigan", "Keikyu-kurihama" and "Kanazawa-bunko". It will automatically arrives in Yokohama station without a transit. And if you can catch a "Kaisoku-tokkyu" or "Kaitoku"(rapid train) service train, it will even arrive faster(without any extra charges).

For Haneda airport, catch an airport Kaisoku from Asakusa station, no transit up to Haneda.

Always watch the destination. There are several different trains come and go.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Confused with the tokyo station 2015/1/27 07:30
appreciated the information so I need to buy pasmo card instead of suica so that I can use the private railway ride? Most of the Tokyo area using private railway also convenient if I start my travel from Asakusa station to most tourist attraction such as Shinjuku, Shibiya?
by kokming99 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Confused with the tokyo station 2015/1/27 14:29
You can use either or both Pasmo and/or Suica cards as you ride on trains, subways and public buses, as well as shopping at station kiosk(shop) and combini. So you can choose Pasmo or Suica which ever you like.

But when you want to return the card, you must visit JR stations if you have Suica or private railway stations if you have Pasmo for refund. Pasmo cards can't be returned nor refunded at JR stations, Suica cards are not returned nor refunded at private railway stations.
If you bring back the card as a souvenir to your country, no trouble. If you return the card, you will be refunded 500 Yen.

Asakusa station is a complex station for Tokyo metro Ginza line, Tobu railway and Toei subway Asakusa line. It's sometimes more easy, convenient, cheaper and faster to use JR and other private railways.
Tokyo railway system is convenient but very difficult to understand so I recommend you to search a lot before you go.

Re: Confused with the tokyo station 2015/1/27 19:29
super thanks for your reply 1 more question, If I buy Nagoya prepaid card using for visiting Nagoya city. Can I use it's in travelling Tokyo area as well? Or I must purchase suica or pasmo card instead for travelling Tokyo area?

by guest (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Confused with the tokyo station 2015/1/27 22:31
There are two IC cards issued in Nagoya, "TOICA"(JR Tokai) and "manaca"(other railway service), they both can be used and charged in Tokyo.
But when you use Shinkansen, you can't use any IC cards. You must buy Shinkansen tickets or present JR Pass.

TOICA and manaca both unable to return or refund in Tokyo. This is because TOICA and manaca management are based in Nagoya. This is also Suica and Pasmo can't be refunded in Nagoya. Suica and Pasmo management are both based in Tokyo. So if you want to return your IC cards, be careful.

Re: Confused with the tokyo station 2015/1/28 22:36
thank you so much for your reply and information. Arigato. looking forward to explore Japan soon..
by guest (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread