Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Buying high end action figures 2015/1/26 11:35
So I am going to visit Akihabara during my visit. But I am really looking for figures, made by Hot toys, anime collectibles and Godzilla items.

Will it be easy to find in Akihabara ? It there anywhere else I should try?

I know Hot toys has its flagship store in Tokyo, Toy Sapiens, but its sort of out of the way for my plans....

by Will Lazarus  

Re: Buying high end action figures 2015/1/26 13:02
If you're making it all the way to Tokyo to shop, it would be criminal not to go to their flagship store. It's in Tokyo, right? Well, how "out of the way" can it be? I've done 2 hour train trips just to get one thing for a friend. It all depends on how bad you want things.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Buying high end action figures 2015/1/26 13:04
It's just off the Meiji Dori in Harajuku! OMG....that's in the middle of town!

Re: Buying high end action figures 2015/1/26 16:04
So totally worth it? Looks like it! Is there anything nearby to occupy my guests?
I can waste alot of time there..
by Will Lazarus rate this post as useful

Re: Buying high end action figures 2015/1/26 17:28
Finding one particular figure in Akihabara is an extremely difficult.
Simply visit the flagship store.
You have a little chance to find it in Nakano Broadway.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Buying high end action figures 2015/1/26 22:27
You never mentioned any "guests". Omotesando is not far away and that's a trendy shopping street like 5th Ave. in NY or Michigan Avenue in Chicago. There's a Kiddyland toy store there near the intersection of Meiji Dori and Omotesando. People watching can be fun for a bit, but there's plenty to do there. Let them walk from Meiji Dori to Harajuku Stn. and back using Takeshita Dori and that will be quite an experience.

Re: Buying high end action figures 2015/1/27 01:33
If your guests can't find anything to do in that area of town....it's really their problem.

There is SO MUCH to do in that part of town.

Ota Memorial Museum is one of them.
by Winter Visitor (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying high end action figures 2015/1/27 12:01
half of my guests will be happy to spend time with me there.

The other half...well they would appreciate something else...

From my Google Maps walk, it looked kinda empty there .....I will follow your suggestions, because I need to see this place!

Re: Buying high end action figures 2015/1/27 12:24
The store isn't on a particularly lively street, but the surrounding Harajuku district is one of the 4th most visited destinations in Tokyo.

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3006.html

Like others have said, if your guests can't find something interesting to do around Harajuku while you shop, then there isn't likely to be anything to satisfy them. Or is it the situation where they can't go off exploring on their own?
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: Buying high end action figures 2015/1/28 08:56
I just took a virtual walk down the street and its perfect. It only about 10 minutes from Toy Sapians......I don't suppose the Hot Toys are cheaper here? Either way the cash exchange rate at that time will make them a bit cheaper...

reply to this thread