Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Drive from Chitose to Furano 2015/1/27 09:29
Please advise me the route by car from chitose airport to Furano Nutulux Hotel and how long it will take.

We will reach Chitose airport at 12 pm. If we depart after lunch at 1.30 pm and drive to Furano (which takes 2.5 hrs), is it in time to go Farm tomita, Flower land Kami furano and blue pond? Then after all these, we will check in hotel. What can we do in furano at night.
by SK Lim  

Re: Drive from Chitose to Furano 2015/1/27 10:20
There is enough time for all that. Driving throught the country is nice. there are barns and farms and tractors.

As for Furano night life, i cant help you. I stayed at Asahikawa. But there was nothing to do thereat night
by joshua hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Drive from Chitose to Furano 2015/1/27 12:51
I don't think it is feasible. Of all the places mentioned you are looking at close to 4 hrs of driving time. And there is doubt about being able to start driving at 13.30 even if your plane arrives on time at noon. Time is needed going through immigration, baggage claim, paper work + shuttle in car rental outlet and not to mention a sit-down meal for lunch.

Seeing you going for flower sites I presume you are planning to visit during summer!? If so, hopefully you have allocated more days for Furano and Biei instead of just aiming at the 3 listed destinations. There are more worthwhile flower sites (free admission) than Flowerland. Beside the popular Farm Tomita don't miss out its sister farm Lavender East if you are there during July. We drove around Furano and Biei for 3 full days and still hadn't seen all we wanted to see!

A highlight during the evening in Furano is a visit to Ningle Terrace which is beautifully lighted up after dark. Ideally go there at dusk when the lights are on and yet still have sufficient daylight for taking photos without using flash, followed by a romantic stroll under the moon-lit sky.
by William5 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread