Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shopping and shipping to USA 2015/1/27 12:11
We plan on traveling light on our 13 day trip.

We will visit Toyko/Kyoto/Hiroshima. We Do however plan on buying some items to bring home.

Would it be cost feasible to ship these items back to USA? We thought about packing an extra suitcase/ or purchasing one there to just fill with our purchases...

Which sound better? Our airline will allow the extra bag no charge. I am more worried about lugging this stuff around during the trip.

I will be bringing home collectible figures and perhaps a Katana (if I can find a decent one).Not sure what the airline will say about that!

And that's just me, not the rest of my party.

by Will Lazarus  

Re: Shopping and shipping to USA 2015/1/27 12:34
Would it be cost feasible to ship these items back to USA? We thought about packing an extra suitcase/ or purchasing one there to just fill with our purchases...

Possibly. The max size you can ship is 20kg, which costs about 25,000 yen to ship EMS (3 days to the US), 20,000 yen for SAL (2 weeks), or about 10,000 yen for surface (2 months).

Personally I would pack an extra suitcase and send it ahead to your departure airport once it is full.

I will be bringing home collectible figures and perhaps a Katana (if I can find a decent one).Not sure what the airline will say about that!

They will say that you need to put it into your checked luggage. Also check your local state laws whether you can legally possess swords.
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

reply to this thread