Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

car rental to Mt Fuji 2015/1/27 19:46
hello , im leanna from MAlaysia. im going to visit Japan on this comming november.
my plan is, i plan to rent a car from Haneda Airport and drive to Lake Kawaguchi to visit the Mt Fuji and stay for a night so i can go and enjoy sunrise around that area.

my question is , which rental company that i can rent with and can i return the car around the Kawaguchi area ? so i can catch a train to Tokyo and continue my trip .

thank you very much for the respond in advance .

cheers :)
by leannachong  

Re: car rental to Mt Fuji 2015/1/28 09:53
Every major rental company in Japan has outlets both in Tokyo and near Mount Fuji and will allow you to drop off the car at one or the other. A list of companies can be found towards the bottom of the following page - my personal favorite is Toyota Rentacar:
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2024.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: car rental to Mt Fuji 2015/1/28 10:23
@Uji: Care to clarify on your ToyotaRentaCar preference?
by joshua hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: car rental to Mt Fuji 2015/1/28 13:53
Toyota generally has the nicest, most current cars and a very easy rental system with English speaking agents available by phone. They also tend to have more outlets than other companies.

The drawback is that they tend to be expensive and don't usually offer cars with English gps (although English gps in cars in generally is not very good, regardless of the company).
by yllwsmrf rate this post as useful

Re: car rental to Mt Fuji 2015/1/28 19:55
hello thank you so much for the reply .
i haven't think of which company i want to use thou . any recommendation ? as long its not that hard to deal with and not too expensive .

compact car will do i guess , as long its fuel economical . i can drive both auto and manual car .

do u think i should rent the car when i arrive at the airport or i can book thru online ?

by leannachong rate this post as useful

Re: car rental to Mt Fuji 2015/1/28 21:04
Just to add further details, dropping the car at a different location, you will expect a service charge, the further from your pickup location the more it will cost you.

I've also made a booking direct through Nissan car rental for June rental period of 3 days, email communication has been very good.

This is part of the detail for my rental, hope it can give you some detail of what to expect

Car Class: P1 Class

Rental period: 3 day

Basic fee: 18,150yen

Collision Damage Waiver fee: 3,600yen(optional)

Nissan Anshin Support Plan fee: 1,500yen
(optional)

NOC Support Plan fee: 900yen
(optional)

Equipment fee: 1,000yen (multi-lingual GPS)

Consumption tax: 2,012yen

Amount due including tax: 27,162yen

Payment by Cash

My suggestion is to rent direct with the main rental company, rather than through a agent, it may cost a little more, but you do get a better protection option that agent does not provide, if you do consider Toyota, they have their own protection scheme that is not listed in my details.
by kms899 rate this post as useful

Re: car rental to Mt Fuji 2015/1/28 21:14
Forgot to mention, Toyota is probably the best, but I think it's phone reservation only, Nissan can be done online, for Nissan once you summit your application, you will probably receive a email the next day with all the detail, then you can choose to accept or not.

If you only require a compact car, you can consider the P0 class which is a 660CC car or P1 class which is 1000CC to 1200CC car.

The car CC details my be a little off, but it's around those figure.

Re: car rental to Mt Fuji 2015/1/28 21:17
so it means its better to walk-in rather the online reservation then .

may i ask for the nissan car rental link please if u have any. i wish to request for a quotation from them

thanks a million :D
by leannachong rate this post as useful

Re: car rental to Mt Fuji 2015/1/28 21:54
I would not advice as a walk in, they only have a limited supply of rental car per site.

https://nissan-rentacar.com/english/

Re: car rental to Mt Fuji 2015/1/28 21:54
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread