Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Economy way to Travel - Train Pass or Ticket? 2015/1/28 19:12
Hi all,

I feel so amazed with the complication of Tokyo metro train system and I'm totally lost needing someone's help here.

My itinerary in Japan:
Arrive Haneda Airport around 11.30pm - (thinking to use limousine bus as my stay is near to SEIJOGAKUEN-MAE station but the problem is I don't know which station should align)
Stay in Tokyo for 3 days - including Disney Sea for 1 day
Then we will go to Mount Fuji for 3 days - bus or romance train is better?
Tokyo 1 day - Last day to explore Japan

Thanks so much to kind soul out there who willing to answer my query.

Cheers!

by Ella (guest)  

Re: Economy way to Travel - Train Pass or Ticket? 2015/1/29 02:16
I feel so amazed with the complication of Tokyo metro train system and I'm totally lost needing someone's help here.

My itinerary in Japan:
Arrive Haneda Airport around 11.30pm - (thinking to use limousine bus as my stay is near to SEIJOGAKUEN-MAE station but the problem is I don't know which station should align)
Stay in Tokyo for 3 days - including Disney Sea for 1 day
Then we will go to Mount Fuji for 3 days - bus or romance train is better?
Tokyo 1 day - Last day to explore Japan

Wow so late into Haneda. At most it will take about 1230am before you get out of airport. There is no direct connecting trains by that time. You could ride Limousine Bus to Shibuya or maybe Shinjuku however you would still need to taxi from there to Seijogakuen-Mae... It will be expensive!

I recommend you pick a hotel near Haneda for the night or if possible another airline that arrives earlier.

As for the train, most of the time from Seijogakuen-Mae Station will be Odakyu Odawara Line to Shinjuku Station

Disneyland:
Seijogakuen-Mae Station-Shinjuku Station-Tokyo Station-Maihama Station
Odakyu Odawara Line-JR Chou Line-JR Keiyo Line

Which part are of Mt Fuji are you going?

If Hakone then yes you could take Romance car from Shinjuku Station.

You can check trains here : http://www.hyperdia.com/en/

Hope this helps!

Have fun!!
by Koohii2wii rate this post as useful

Re: Economy way to Travel - Train Pass or Ticket? 2015/1/29 13:36
Hi Koohii2wii,
Thanks for your info.
I will stay at guesthouse near Fujisan station for 3 days 2 nights. What will be a good way to travel from Seijogakuen-Mae to Fujisan station?
Can I use Suica card at Fuji area? or it is better to buy the travel pass there?
by Ella (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Economy way to Travel - Train Pass or Ticket? 2015/1/30 00:27
Hi Koohii2wii,
Thanks for your info.
I will stay at guesthouse near Fujisan station for 3 days 2 nights. What will be a good way to travel from Seijogakuen-Mae to Fujisan station?
Can I use Suica card at Fuji area? or it is better to buy the travel pass there?

You could take Keio Bus from Shinjuku but I recommand you take the train. The train is a bit more expensive and longer but you get to see nice views as you get closer to Fujisan and the views of the mountain is awesome!

No Sucia card will not work in Kawaguchiko area so you will need to buy Seijogakuen-Mae-Shinjuku ticket and then Limited express ticket Shinjuku-Otsuki and finally regular ticket Otsuki-Fujisan Station.
For Otsuki to Fujisan you should sit on the left side of the train to get the Mt Fuji View when you approach up the hill.

There is no 3 days train pass from what I know so the single tickets there and back is the best way.

Now as for transportation in the area you could rent a car but since you when have 3 days, this could be expensive. You could also have the Retro Bus Pass if you plan on using local transit. Check in out here http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6905.html

Hope this helps!

Have fun!!
by Koohii2wii rate this post as useful

reply to this thread