Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Library bag? 2015/1/28 20:11
If you were going to buy a nice quality library bag for a kindergarten child overseas, where would you go to look? I guess kindergarten kids have picture books, so it would need to be bigger than a bento bag.
by girltokyo (guest)  

Re: Library bag? 2015/1/29 00:12
The kindergarten asks you to bring certain size of bags. And majority of parents make them as hand made. This is because, each pupils are different height and weight. Therefore, the size of bags are varied.

You may ask to bring a bag sized such as 30cm*37cm or something like this. You can make it a bit bigger or smaller for your child depending of their size(height and weight).

If you go to buy, visit school bazaar or flea market. But as I mentioned above, each bags are normally clearly stated the size. So it's unsure you can find the suitable size there. Therefore majority of parents make it as hand made.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Library bag? 2015/1/29 01:05
it seems to be called as lesson bag,レッスンバッグ, in Japan.
http://www.ccstyle.jp/products/list48.html
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Library bag? 2015/1/29 06:37
Thanks and a Clarification.
It doesn't need to be a designated library bag. an oversized bento bag would probably be fine. And I'd like a shop to go and look at them, rather than ordering online.
I am not going to make one as it's a present for a friend's daughter who doesn't live in Japan.
by girltokyo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Library bag? 2015/1/29 08:42
I love getting these kind of bags when I visit Japan- two suggestions- bookstore -look at the magazine section that has gifts attached- I found a great Penelope Bear bag that we've used as a library bag for a few years now. I can spend an hour just browsing the gift with purchase magazines for bags- quality has been great.

And the other place I've found bags that would suit this purpose is at Toy r Us- heaps of choices and especially Japanese themed bags.

Also in Australia a child's library bag could have handles to carry or it could be with a drawstring to close up and protect the book - toys r us will have both styles. Not sure when your gift is headed?
by Jojo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Library bag? 2015/1/29 10:32
if you are in Japan, you may also go to the section for students (pupils) newly entering school, at department stores.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Library bag? 2015/1/30 15:38
Thanks!
I will take on the book stores, failing that the dept. stores, and failing that god forbid, Toys R US...
Thanks also for the suggestion that library bags come in two varieties. I'll need to check if there's a preference.
by girltokyo (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread