Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Early morning JR pass exchange at NRT 2015/1/31 04:46
Hi, I've seen this question asked before, but not really resolved--answers differ depending where I look.

We land in Narita at 21:00 and will stay at an airport hotel overnight. My question is, can we exchange our JR vouchers at the airport early the next morning at a Midori-no-madoguchi (opens 6:30), or do we have to wait for the Travel Service center to open at 8:15?

Thank you!
by Laura D (guest)  

Re: Early morning JR pass exchange at NRT 2015/1/31 12:39
yes you can change them at the normal ticket office until the service centre opens.
by pas7680 rate this post as useful

Re: Early morning JR pass exchange at NRT 2015/1/31 19:35
by NFG (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Early morning JR pass exchange at NRT 2015/2/1 07:05
Yes, you can exchange them at the 6.30am opening time.
In Narita 2 (Ifve not been to Narita 1) it is in the basement, train tracks level, just at the bottom of the escalator, and near the entrance to the ticket gates.
Note: there are a number of planes that arrive at 6am ish, and customs is efficient: we have been in the queue by 6.45am and usually had no trouble.
However, we did have a group tour leader line up in front of us once and he exchanged 30+ passes at the one time: we actually missed our NEx as a result.
So have contingency plans.....but at the early hour you should be fine.
Good luck!
by AusTF rate this post as useful

reply to this thread