Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Best moving time 2015/2/1 11:00
Hello,
I'm currently planning to move to new apartment. I already have 2 candidates of apartment that I want to move in to but my girlfriend's father told me to wait until March because the number of room available will increase in March.

From what I read that's because the number of people searching for apartment will also increase in March.

I'm quite afraid that competing with japanese people to get an apartment will be difficult for me since I didn't have any history of renting japanese apartment (I lived in share house before and currently living in apartment for foreigner.

So do you guys think I should take the chances to get the apartment now or take the risk to wait until March?

Thanks!
by NAYOSO  

Re: Best moving time 2015/2/1 13:48
It depends on your living situation now, I think, and how well you like the apartments you looked at. If there is one you really like, just move now. Perhaps there will be more choice in March, so if you're not totally happy with the apartments you found, then wait.
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: Best moving time 2015/2/2 11:30
Thanks for your advice! Will move to currently available apartment soon.
by NAYOSO rate this post as useful

Re: Best moving time 2015/2/2 20:24
Finding an apartment in March is very competitive due to ending and beginning of the academic and employment season. Some people book their new apartment in Jan or Feb and move there in March or April before the apartment is taken even though they are not living but pay for two month rent.
If you like the new apartment, I recommend you to move there soon.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread