Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

8 days to Kyoto, Osaka, Kobe & Nara 2015/2/1 19:45
Hi, I will go to Japan in May 2015 & wish to stay in Kyoto ( day1 - day3) & Osaka (day4 -day7). My itinerary is as follows:-
Day 1 (Tue) : Gion area
(reach at Kansai airport around 3.15pm) Kyoto -Gion area

Day2 (Wed) : Kyoto - fushimi inari --rKoka -Miho museum --rNara – Todaiji --rNara Park / Higashihongan-ji Temple --rHigashimuki Shopping Street

Day3 (Thur) : Kyoto - Kiyomizu-dera Temple --rNishihongan ji --rKinkakuji --rNishiki market--rNishiki Temangu

Day4 (Fri) : Osaka - Osaka Aquarium Japan --rShinseikai --rShinsaibashi --rDotonbori

Day5 (Sat) : Kobe --rHakutsuru sake museum --rKikumasamune sake museum --rKobe harborland

Day6 (Sun) : Osaka - Instant ramen museum --r Osaka Floating Garden --rHepfive Ferris Wheel / Umeda sky building

Day7 (Mon) : Osaka - Universal studio Japan

Day8 (Tue) : (leaving japan @ 4.10pm)

Q1: As this is my 1st time to Japan in a group of 3, what type of transport is more convenient & save cost to Tour Club Hostel? Airport limousine bus, JR Haruka ltd express or ICOCA. Where can I purchase the tickets?

Q2: I would like to spend my 1st day trip (evening) around Gion area. Is it advisable to use Kansai Thru Pass for my Day 1 – Day7? Especially transportation to Miho Museum. If no, please advise.

Q3: Is it advisable to include Miho museum for my itinerary?

Q4: To avoid over-crowded, is it better to visit USJ on Fri or Mon?

Q5: Please recommend any dormy inns or hotels with onsen in Osaka with reasonable room rate.
Q5: Please recommend places for ½ day tour before leaving Japan on Day8?

Thank you
Regards,
Susan
by QIWI  

Re: 8 days to Kyoto, Osaka, Kobe & Nara 2015/2/9 20:44
I dont think you need the pass, just pay for the trains and local busses and subways. hanahostel in kyoto is nice i think the have one in Osaka too. good luck and have fun!
by GiriNinjo rate this post as useful

reply to this thread