Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Noto Peninsula - where to stay? 2015/2/3 16:29
Hi All,

I'm currently planning a long trip in June/July and another person on the forum suggested the Noto peninsula.

I'm thinking of staying three nights on the Noto Peninsula in early July.

Would 2 nights at Wajima and 1 night at Wakura onsen seem like a good mix??

I'm travelling alone and will only have access to public transport - but I'm used to using this in Japan....

Any suggestions on other places (towns) to stay at on the Noto Peninsula is much appreciated.

I'm going there mainly just as a place to relax after a couple of weeks of heavy travel....
by mfedley  

Re: Noto Peninsula - where to stay? 2015/2/4 03:06
A friend who is a devoted onsen fan says Wakura Onsen is disappointing. He went for Kagaya Ryokan and said it was just so-so, not as good as he expected from reading about the place beforehand. On the other hand he speaks highly of Hyakurakuso with beautiful view of Tsukumo Bay.
http://www.100raku.com/

For a true tranquility stay in Noto Peninsula with spectacular Sea of Japan view consider going all the way to the NE tip for Lamp no Yado in Seiikino misaki.
http://www.lampnoyado.co.jp/en/index_en.html

by William5 rate this post as useful

Re: Noto Peninsula - where to stay? 2015/2/4 08:12
Different people different experiences. I absolutely loved the Kagaya for its attentive, personal service, excellent room and food (I doubt they have single plans, though), but found the Lamp no Yado rather strange due to the unfitting blue pool, strange "pure water" theory and some strange guests. It didn't feel very "lampy", either. Its location, however, is wonderful.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Noto Peninsula - where to stay? 2015/2/5 01:33
Thanks for the info guys. Unfortunately all three places are a little out of my price range for a single ($400 USD+ a night)...

I can stretch the occasional splurge to possibly 30,000 Y a night - but alas double occupancy is what kills it...

I do know what you mean about people having different tastes. Personally - I love the Daiichi Takimotokan in Noboribetsu. The room is ok and the food ranges from average (buffet) to ok (Kaseki Dinner). However - I love the Onsen there. I honestly think I spend more time in the onsens there than outside the hotel!

For service and food (oh the food!!) I loved Shiraume in Kyoto.

Does anyone else have any suggestions on places/hotel to visit on the Noto Peninsula??

I've at least now got some places to come back too in a decade or so when I'm married....
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Noto Peninsula - where to stay? 2015/2/5 07:14
I travelled there (by car) in December. Here is what I wrote bout it, maybe you might see something you find interesting in it!

http://www.japan-guide.com/community/philipjfry/report-1915
by PhilipJFry rate this post as useful

Re: Noto Peninsula - where to stay? 2015/2/5 15:27
I haven't stayed there, so I can't vouch for them or anything, but the “’‰υƒŠƒ][ƒgchain has an inn in wakura. They allow solo travelers, and have a buffet plan for around 8000 yen.

I'm staying at one in gero this May.
by Ben (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Noto Peninsula - where to stay? 2015/2/7 19:53
How about Togetsuan in Wakura Onsen?
by Travel Arrange Japan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread