Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tokyo to Kyoto to Hakone to Tokyo 2015/2/8 01:37
Hi experts out there, it's my first time to Japan and I would know if there is better alternatives than JR Pass if I'm covering Kyoto, Hakone and Tokyo in 8 days.
by JMin22  

Re: Tokyo to Kyoto to Hakone to Tokyo 2015/2/8 11:46
Regular tickets could be cheaper, depending on your itinerary. Alternatively, you could consider travel by overnight bus, which can be much cheaper than trains.

For Hakone, a Hakone Free Pass pays off most of the time, but that is not technically an "alternative" to the Japan Rail Pass because Hakone is not served by JR anyway.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo to Kyoto to Hakone to Tokyo 2015/2/8 12:53
Hi, can advise me which type of pass should I look out for then?
by JMin22 rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo to Kyoto to Hakone to Tokyo 2015/2/8 13:45
To summarize my earlier post: the Hakone Free Pass and perhaps a Japan Rail Pass (depending on the details of your itinerary).
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Tokyo to Kyoto to Hakone to Tokyo 2015/2/8 13:57
Hi, cause we will be there for 8 days but JR pass is for 7 days or 14 days. So we are in an dilemma now in planning out the 3 places. Tokyo, Hakone and Kyoto in the cheapest option. Appreciate if you can advise us. Thanks
by JMin22 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread