Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Ryokan on the way to Tokyo from Osaka 2015/2/9 14:16
Hi there,
Can anyone suggest any nice (yet affordable) ryokans on the way Osaka to Tokyo.
I'll be leaving from Osaka on the 6th.
Could probably afford to stay in a ryokan for 1 night and then travel to Tokyo after.
Hakone seems to be rather on the way. Does anyone know how long it takes to go from Osaka to Hakone, and is it reachable by the JR pass?
by czhiting (guest)  

Re: Ryokan on the way to Tokyo from Osaka 2015/2/9 15:05
Hi. There would be a few options. I stayed at a ryokan at Uji which was very nice, though 7 or 8 courses of fish was too many for even me. Uji is a lovely town, though not really on the way from Osaka to Tokyo.

I've also stayed at Futabaso, Hikone. Now that is a lovely town, the castle is awesome, and it is right on the shinkansen line stopping off at Maibara. Futabso itself is across the road from Lake Biwa, which was a very nice place to walk in the morning. So recommended!

Then there is Hakone - I think it is a bit of a production getting to Hakone with a few transfers, but if you are OK with that it would be good. We stayed at Lalaca, Gora, which was very nice. I'd also throw in Enoshima or Kamakura, though it also is a bit off the shinkansen line so you'd have to transfer to get to it, probably at Shinagawa. I've stayed at Iwamotoro Honkan at Enoshima, it is really nice.

The last option I'd put up is Tsuruya Ryokan at Karuizawa. To get there you'd probably go all the way to Tokyo Station then take the shinkansen Asama out to Karuixawa (one hour). That is a nice town, and great ryokan especially if you haven't been to many before, because they cater really well to foreigners.

If train transfers isn't your cup of tea, I'd look at Hikone. It is a great town, well worth a visit.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Hakone Tozan Tetsudo to Hakone 2015/2/9 16:18
The Osaka/Kyoto-Hakone-Tokyo route is actually quite popular. If you're using a Japan Rail Pass, you can take the Shinkansen to Odawara and change to Hakone-Tozan-Tetsudo which is a cute little trains that runs along a scenic route.
http://www.hakone-tozan.co.jp/

Other ryokan sites I can think of are the various onsen resorts in the Izu Peninsula. However, since Izu is quite a vast area, you might want to focus on that on another occasion when you aren't doing such lengthly traveling.
by Uco (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Ryokan on the way to Tokyo from Osaka 2015/2/9 23:26
I would like to recommend your stay at Shida Onsen choseikan in Fujieda -city in Shizuoka prefecture. You can enjoy pubic hot spring bath and kaiseki meals in traditional ryokan. It take 10 minutes by taxi from JR Fujieda station.
by Travel Arrange Japan rate this post as useful

reply to this thread