Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route 2015/2/10 01:52
Hello friends,
I want to ask about one day tour to Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route, which one is better to do, starting from Tokyo (back to Tokyo) or start from Kanazawa (back to kanazawa). Which one is shorter time ?
Thank you for all your help
Cheers
by jimny (guest)  

Re: Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route 2015/2/10 08:51
The Hokuriku Shinkansen makes it relatively easy from both cities.

If you start from Kanazawa, you can start earlier, but the way back from the Nagano side is slightly less convenient (the easiest is to take a bus from Ogizawa to Nagano and then the shinkansen back to Kanazawa - or to turn around and backtrack the Alpen Route).

From Tokyo, you can easily reach Toyama by shinkansen, and from Shinano-Omachi you can take trains back to Tokyo via Matsumoto (or bus and shinkansen via Nagano).
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route 2015/2/10 14:30
Thanks Uji,
Is it better (when going back) the route from Nagano - Naoetsu - Kanazawa or from Shinano-Omachi - Itoigawa - Kanazawa.
Thanks for your help.
by Jimny (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route 2015/2/11 10:51
Sorry to barge in but if you go via from Tokyo to the Alpine Route, do you think you can complete it in a day?
by Bart (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route 2015/2/11 14:18
Yes Bart, I think so, according to what I've read from this guide
by Jimny (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route 2015/2/11 15:23
Good question, I decided against it this year because it wasn't clear how long it would take. But I also wasn't sure how interesting it would be, especially for a heights coward like me, then it didn't really fit in the scheme of where I wanted to go afterward. Is it worth the trip?
by lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route 2015/2/11 18:10
It would be great if someone who has done the trip in 1 day would enlighten all of us. It sounds as if it could be quite hectic. I don't mind that, what I mind is the sights and scenery spoiled by too much people and endless delays.

Not quite the round trip 2015/2/12 12:25
In 2010 we did a "half way trip" but to the top and back the same route from Matsumoto. If I recall we left fairly early, took plenty of time and was back around 4-5 p.m. Loved it. Might be an option.
by Broulee rate this post as useful

Re: Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route 2015/2/12 16:40
That's wonderful. We'll try that. Thank you very much!

reply to this thread