Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Train 2015/2/10 16:35
Hello,

I will be taking the Marunouchi Line (Tokyo Metro) from Ikebukuro to Asakusa and will transfer for the Ginza Line at Ginza Station.

As both the Marunouchi & Ginza are subway lines of the Tokyo Metro system, can I pay for the full fare from Ikebukuro to Asakusa or I am require to purchase another ticket from Ginza Station to Asakusa.

Thank you

by Aileen Lim (guest)  

Re: Train 2015/2/10 17:39
You can pay for the full fare on one ticket. All Tokyo Metro Subway lines are connected, so there is no need to buy multiple tickets.

However changing from Tokyo Metro to a regular train, you will need to exit the gates and buy a new ticket. Or if you have an IC card like Suica, just scan your card at each gate.
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: Train 2015/2/10 17:55
Buy a 240 Yen subway ticket in Tokyo metro "Ikebukuro" station. The 240 Yen ticket takes you to "Asakusa" station.
If you have a IC card(Pasmo or suica etc), it will be 237 Yen.

You can transfer in Ginza station but you need to walk abour 300m away between Marunouchi line platform and Ginza line platform.

If you transfer in "Akasaka-Mitsuke" station, Marunouchi line arrives in the B1F, then go down to B2F which Ginza line departs for Asakusa(final destination). It's easy to transfer and short distance to walk(about 50m), but, you will be in subway(train) a bit longer than transferring in Ginza station.
But again, you can reduce the walking distance and time so the total commute time is almost the same.

If you use "Ikebukuro-Akasakamitsuke-Asakusa" way also cost you 240 Yen(237 yen with IC card).
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread