Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Accommodation in Kyoto (April 3) 2015/2/12 07:11
Hi there,

We need some help to find accommodation (budget preferred) during the April 3rd weekend (2 days) in Kyoto. All hostels and airBnB options are fully booked.

Many thanks,
Michael
by MichaelLeung  

Re: Accommodation in Kyoto (April 3) 2015/2/12 09:09
You may need to try a travel agent. And up the budget.
OR consider staying in Osaka:its usually cheaper, anyway.
That week is the busiest week in Kyoto, due to prime Cherry Blossoms season.
Good luck.
by AusTF rate this post as useful

Re: Accommodation in Kyoto (April 3) 2015/2/12 10:11
Considering Sakura season, it is usually better to book 5 - 6 months in advance. You might want to try staying in places outside Kyoto city but still in Kyoto prefecture.
Fushimi city, Uji city...

Or use the most underuse site... not sure why

http://www.jalan.net/en/japan_hotels_ryokan/Accommodation/Kyoto_Accomm...
by joshua hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Accommodation in Kyoto (April 3) 2015/2/12 10:45
Six months ago I booked my hotels in Osaka, Kyoto and Tokyo hotels for the cherry blossoms period. I happened to check these hotels and they were fully booked. I used the advice given at this forum to book early and so glad I did.
by Mel (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Accommodation in Kyoto (April 3) 2015/2/12 11:11
If you have Japan Rail Pass, you might better consider hotels near Shinkansen stations such as Nagoya or Shin-Kobe which are less than 1 hour train ride. I searched in Rakuten (Japanese site) and found some hotels with reviews higher than 4.0 -which I think is nice- with affordable prices (under 15000 yen for a twin room) considering the busy days. Of course Shin-Osaka and Otsu are better, however there should be less chances to get a room. Finally, I do not recommend northern part of Kyoto prefecture such as Miyazu or Amanohashidate. Although these are in Kyoto prefecture, it will take more than two hours to travel to Kyoto city.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Accommodation in Kyoto (April 3) 2015/2/12 11:12
The following page might be relevant:

http://www.japan-guide.com/news/0029.html

Tip # 4 on that page (i.e., staying in a nearby city) is well worth considering if all else fails. We went on a holiday in the Kansai region this past November, which was another peak season for the area (autumn leaves); hotels in Kyōto were mostly booked out for our budget range so we stayed in Ōsaka instead.

Cheers.
by Diego de Manila rate this post as useful

Re: Accommodation in Kyoto (April 3) 2015/2/12 11:53
It is true. On April 3 and 4 in Kyoto, it is most busiest time. However the situation has change everyday, If you give more information about budget and detail of your trip, We will give advice to you.
by Travel Arrange Japan rate this post as useful

Tried Toyoko Inn Kyoto? 2015/2/12 12:53
I just looked for two nights for April 3 and rooms are available. I only checked Gojo Karasuma.

Don't like to recommend one hotel over another but this chain appears to have a fluid reservations system and vacancies can arise unexpectedly.

by Broulee rate this post as useful

Re: Accommodation in Kyoto (April 3) 2015/2/12 13:14
As the every reply, it should be difficult
to make a hotel reservation in Kyoto area.

I am living near Biwako lake, so I recommend
you would examine the following hotel,
which is reasonable and nice view as it was made Shiga prefecture.

http://www.hotelpiazza.com/#sk

It will takes about 20-30 min. to transfer
to the Kyoto Nanzenji area.
by biwakoman (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread