Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can I bring my medicine in Japan? 2015/2/12 12:41
I have rheumatic heart disease and I take "penicilin vk 250mg" daily. I am coming to japan this april as a student. Whlie searching online I came to know that there are certain rules about bringing medicines in japan. So I was thinking if I could buy my medicine in Japan?
Does anyone know if penicilin vk is available in japan and what it is called?
by Prakash Ray (guest)  

Re: Can I bring my medicine in Japan? 2015/2/12 13:14
You will have to fill out a form. There is actually one available online. However, you may only bring, I believe, 3 months of medication in the country. You can have monthly supplies shipped from a family member, but these also must have an accompanying form which Japan holds the right to deny.
by samantha (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can I bring my medicine in Japan? 2015/2/12 13:28
How can i do that online? Any idea if i could buy that in japan? Please Help
by ray (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can I bring my medicine in Japan? 2015/2/26 20:08
There is no restriction on how many pills you bring into Japan, as long as they aren't banned here. You have to apply for approval first by filling out a form called a Yakkan Shoumei, if they approve it you will be issued a stamped Import Certificate that you must show at the airport on arrival. I applied to bring 9 months worth of prescriptions with me from home and there was no problem with it. Sorry but I don't know if your specific medication is available here, I would suggest contacting the company you buy your medication from and asking them what the equivalent in Japan is.

Yakkan Shoumei Info: http://www.mhlw.go.jp/english/policy/health-medical/pharmaceuticals/dl...
by jennjett rate this post as useful

reply to this thread