Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shinjuku, Akihabara and ? 2015/2/16 21:29
Hello there,
I will be staying in Tokyo 3 weeks in May this year.

I won't be staying at one spot, so I arranged a Hotel room for the first week in Shinjuku to explore this area (Shibuya, Harajuku...) and the second week I will stay in an appartment in Akihabara.

So there is one week left - what do you recommend as a good part of Tokyo to stay?

Thank you =)
by Jhela (guest)  

Re: Shinjuku, Akihabara and ? 2015/2/17 12:20
You don't really need to change areas as you can get from anywhere in Tokyo to any other area for just a couple hundred yen on the subway or Yamanote.

However, I like staying in Yanaka the best.

http://traveljapanblog.com/wordpress/tag/yanaka/
by acase (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shinjuku, Akihabara and ? 2015/2/17 12:26
Jump to bottom this forum page:)
by H3 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shinjuku, Akihabara and ? 2015/2/17 18:12
Asakusa/Ueno area is the place but is not far to Akihabara.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

Re: Shinjuku, Akihabara and ? 2015/2/17 19:00
You could stay in Shinjuku and be able to get anywhere in Tokyo easily, no need to change hotels.

That being said, if I was you I'd spend half the time in Tokyo and the other half in Kyoto. There is a lot to see in Tokyo (I could have easily spent a few weeks there) but you'd be missing out by not going down to Kyoto or maybe Osaka.
by April May (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shinjuku, Akihabara and ? 2015/2/17 19:02
Personally, I don't think you need to change locations as Tokyo is very well connected, and trains are fast and frequent. Shinjuku is on the east side of the Yamanote line, and Akihabara is on the west. You're pretty much covered.
by Murakami Seirin (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shinjuku, Akihabara and ? 2015/2/17 19:06
If you insist, you could consider Odaiba (south of Tokyo), which is a bit away from Shinjuku, Shibuya areas but it's close to the port. Disneyland is nearby too.
by Murakami Seirin (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shinjuku, Akihabara and ? 2015/2/18 01:03
It's true, the most you are looking at is 30mins to get to anywhere on the Yamanote.

Changing accom. just means the hassle of packing, moving and unpacking.

I'd suggest spreading your wings. Spend the third week in either Kyoto or Okinawa.
by David (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread