Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Yakushima hiking 2015/2/18 22:35
im planning on going yakushima island on 29 march ill be flying from tokyo to kagoshima.How do i get to the island from there and when im on the island which is the 2 day hiking path and how should i prepare for it
by LamHowWei  

Re: Yakushima hiking 2015/2/19 15:28
Since you'll already be at the Kagoshima Airport, arrange to transfer there for a flight to the Yakushima Airport.

If you plan on visiting Kagoshima a bit, you would have the option of taking a ferry from Kagoshima port to Miyanoura on Yakushima.

There are several "2-day" hikes on the island; I don't know which you're referring. There are also some shelters on the peaks, but these are sometimes full with hiking clubs (and all night "hibiki" (snoring). I would definitely take rain gear and a small tent in case the shelters fill up. I've taken a small 1.5 kg bivy tent that holds me and my gear. In some areas it's difficult to find a spot flat enough for even a tent that small between all the rocks and vegetation. Along with that I carried a light weight sleeping bag and mat, camp stove, food, and a water filter.
by Anaguma (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Yakushima hiking 2015/2/20 04:59
i talking about the trail that leads to mount miyanoura down to jomonsugi and then to shiratani how do i get to the trail head
by LamHowWei rate this post as useful

reply to this thread