Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tradition & Custom - Kobe City 2015/2/21 16:07
I planning to have vacation in Japan soon and my friend recommend me Kobe as one of my destination, Just a brief background. What are the Tradition and Custom would I experience when I visit there. And what are the popular architecture can be seen and food.

Thank you,
by Harford France (guest)  

Re: Tradition & Custom - Kobe City 2015/2/21 19:03
by .. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tradition & Custom - Kobe City 2015/2/21 19:20
Kobe is a very city like city.

The bay area and Sannomiya station area are the highlights. What you can do is to walk along the bay area till Sannomiya station. Then use Flower Road to reach Shin-Kobe station. Take a cable car to the top of Rokko mountain for Kobe's skyline/nightview.

I find Kobe boring as it reminds me of my home country. Kobe has little in terms of culture compared to cities like Tokyo/Kyoto/Himeji and even Kobe.

As for architecture, the bay area and the preserved western district. Museums look kind of glass/modern if you like those.
by joshua hugh (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tradition & Custom - Kobe City 2015/2/22 00:57
Hmm... To be honest, I think Kobe is a bad recommendation for someone with your interests. It does not have many cultural or traditional sites, and the famous architecture in Kobe are the Western buildings and Chinatown, which of course are not Japanese.

Kobe beef is the obvious choice of cuisine.

I would suggest going somewhere else, such as Kyoto, Nara, Otsu, Kinosaki Onsen, Toyooka, or Himeji. All of these are much better than Kobe for your interests.

If you really want to visit Kobe, I suppose the Nada sake district or Arima Onsen are the best choices for experiencing tradition and customs there, but as I said, there are much better places in the area...
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

Re: Tradition & Custom - Kobe City 2015/2/22 03:35
Kobe is awesome but not what you're looking for. Go to Kobe for a good time. Go to Kyoto for history and a "cultural experience". Or even better go to both - they're only about 45 minutes from each other by train.
by Clock (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tradition & Custom - Kobe City 2015/2/22 09:21
I only stop at Kobe for Kobe beef for lunch. After we finish, we didn't really see anything else that was interesting and hop back on the train.

Hope this helps!!!

Have fun!!!
by Koohii2wii rate this post as useful

reply to this thread