Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kansai Thru Pass to Maiko Koen & Himeji? 2015/2/22 17:22
I learned that Surutto Kansai goes to Himeji.
There is a special package for Surutto Kansai 2/3 Day - Kansai Thru Pass http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2357_005.html is at special rate.
Does it cover the same route as Hanshin-Sanyo Seaside ticket ?

With Hanshin-Sanyo Seaside ticket, I can get off and get on along the line with no extra charges. I intend to get off at Maiko Koen to view the World's Longest suspension bridge,

If Kansai Thru Pass is on the same rail line, I could buy the special 2/3 Day ticket since it is unlimited usage.
I will be at visiting between 16 - 25 Mar'15. Thank you
by mwbq  

Re: Kansai Thru Pass to Maiko Koen & Himeji? 2015/2/23 18:34
If Kansai Thru Pass is on the same rail line, I could buy the special 2/3 Day ticket since it is unlimited usage.

Yes Kansai Thru Pass covers the same line. Note that you must utilize the remaining 1 or 2 days pass before/after your trip to Himeji.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Kansai Thru Pass to Maiko Koen & Himeji? 2015/2/24 23:34
Dear frog1954, thank you for the info.
I read from the site that 'the Pass can be used on unconsecutive days during its period of validity (example: Mon, Wed and Fri in the case of a 3-day ticket)' This would be more flexible than the JR pass, though its certainly faster in speed : )
http://www.surutto.com/tickets/kansai_thru_english.html
by mwbq rate this post as useful

Re: Kansai Thru Pass to Maiko Koen & Himeji? 2015/2/25 09:44
I read from the site that 'the Pass can be used on unconsecutive days during its period of validity (example: Mon, Wed and Fri in the case of a 3-day ticket)

Yes, you are right. Kansai Thru Pass is flexible. You might better prepare for a "valuable" routing, that is, longer and more expensive one, I mean :).

For example, Koyasan, Hieizan, Ohara, Kurama are "good" places for Kansai Thru Pass besides Himeji.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread