Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

karuizawa fruit picking in march 2015/2/23 12:30
Hi, Friends,
Our family will be coming down from Nagano city and going towards Karuizawa for 2 night day on 24/3. We plan to stop-over at Komoro for some fruit picking activities before heading to Karuizawa Station where we have booked our hotel near there.
We need guide for direction to any farm house near Komoro or any farm house near Karuizawa that any friends can recommend here. We also need to know if we need to book in advance. Thank you.
by trip2jap  

Re: karuizawa fruit picking in march 2015/2/23 15:41
Generally fruit picking season in Nagano is basically summer and autumn.
The very last one is apple, which starts around September and ends early December.
The next season is June for apricots and cherries. Unfortunately no fruits picking in late March as it is too early; average temperature in Karuizawa in March is 6.9c (max)/-5.1c (lowest), in April 13.9c (max)/0.3c (lowest).

But I've found one - strawberry picking (in greenhouse).
They are open from New Year's Day till the end of June.

Komoro Nunohiki Ichigo-en (strawberry farm)
http://www.ichigodaira.com/ichigogari.htm
Address: 1173-1 Aza ōkubo, Komoro-shi, nagano
Tel: 0267-26-2615
Fax: 0267-26-2614
*No reservation is necessary for a small group (less than 10 people).
Open: 10:00
Close: 16:00 (Last admission: 15:00)
Fee: 13 years old or over JPY1,500
7-12 years old JPY1,300
3-6 years old JPY1,000
under 3 years old: Free
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: karuizawa fruit picking in march 2015/2/23 17:02
Thank you! Guest,
I will just print your link and check with the information counter at Nagano city and hopefully I can get some help there before going.
by trip2jap rate this post as useful

reply to this thread