Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Narita to Shibuya 2015/2/25 21:53
hi guys,

i'll be travelling to Japan near the end of May 2015, and will be staying in Shibuya.

My question is, which is the most efficient way to get from Narita Airport to Shibuya Station for a one way trip?

The JR Nex Express isn't for me because I'll most probably be flying out of Japan via Kansai International Airport and by the time I go on my trip, the one way ticket from Narita Airport to Shibuya would have been discontinued in favour of the round trip ticket, which does not apply to me.

I'm currently considering taking the Keisei Limited Express to Nippori, then transferring to the JR Yamanote Line to reach Shibuya.

Dyou all think this would be the most cost and time efficient route? thanks for your assistance!
by kai (guest)  

Re: Narita to Shibuya 2015/2/26 11:13
The Keisei Skyliner to Nippori and then Yamanote to Shibuya would be the easiest. Go to the Keisei website and buy an e-ticket to save you a few hundred yen. Then exchange the voucher for the real ticket at the counter in Narita. I will do the same for my trip to Shinagawa.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Narita to Shibuya 2015/2/26 12:43
Take this bus, the access Narita.
This bus is cheaper than Keisei Skyliner.
http://accessnarita.com/en/

then take JR Yamanote line from Tokyo station to Shibuya station.
by max (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Narita to Shibuya 2015/2/28 12:05
The one-way N'Ex will still be there (about Y3000), just the discount version will have been pulled by then. If you are using a rail pass, it's included, but sounds like it might not be good value if you are one-way to Osaka/Kansai.

Lat trip to Tokyo we stayed in Shibuya and it was handy not to have to change trains between airport and hotel (because we needed to do it several times.)
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Narita to Shibuya 2015/2/28 16:39
The JR Nex Express isn't for me because I'll most probably be flying out of Japan via Kansai International Airport and by the time I go on my trip, the one way ticket from Narita Airport to Shibuya would have been discontinued in favour of the round trip ticket, which does not apply to me.

No, it's only the discount ticket for foreign tourists whih will be discontinued, you can of course still buy a regular ticket, which is 3,190 yen from Narita Airport to Shibuya. See Hyperdia for other options, but the N'EX is probably the only direct one.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Narita to Shibuya 2015/2/28 21:14
hey guys, thanks for all your replies; they were really helpful in helping me plan!

Thus, all in all, am I right to say that my original route, which is the Keisei Limited Express to Nippori, then JR Yamanote to Shibuya would be the most cost efficient?

Cause according to Hyperdia, the time difference between the Skyliner and the Limited Express would be approximately 20 mins in favour of the Skyliner; which I would be willing to forgo in return for cost savings.

Last thing, would it be very troublesome to do the transfer at Nippori with my luggage? I don't mind standing on the trains, but at around 12-1pm would the trains be really crowded? Thanks!
by kai (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Narita to Shibuya 2015/2/28 21:51
Nippori is easy to navigate. I do remember seeing elevators for both the Keisei and JR sides, so luggage shouldn't be an issue.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Narita to Shibuya 2015/3/1 05:32
My recommendation is to catch a limousine bus from Narita to Shibuya. If you stay in the north side of Shibuya, get off at Shibuya Excel Hotel Tokyu, if you go south side, get off at Cerulean Tower Tokyu Hotel. It costs you 3,100 Yen(single). Your luggage is delivered with you and limousine bus staff helps you to take and bring your luggage. Then you can walk/take a taxi to where ever you stay in Shibuya.

I don't recommend train transfers unless you are a frequent Tokyo travel user.
by tokyo friend 48 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread