Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Best Ryokan to see Mt Fuji 2015/2/26 12:28
My partner and I would like to stay in a ryokan for one night before heading to Tokyo. We have seen the ryokans in Fujikawaguchiko-machi online and would love to stay in a ryokan where you can see Mt Fuji. We like Kozantei Ubuya and Konansou butwould like your recommendation. We plan to go 22nd May.

Our must have is - a private bathroom/shower facility and our budget is less than $600.00 AUD per night.

Looking forward to hearing about your recommendations.
by krystal (guest)  

Re: Best Ryokan to see Mt Fuji 2015/2/26 22:27
Hi There,

I was staying in the Onsen Konansou some time back and we(Me and my GF) had a room with a private hot spring bath. I can recommend this Ryokan if it's within your budget. All rooms have a private bath as far as I remember (My Parents where staying there as well in a different room with "just" a bath instead of a hot spring). The food is great and the staff is really friendly. Although we got the introduction from an older Japanese lady which spoke zero english (At least I was able to understand a bit of Japanese which was very helpful :) ), my parents got the introduction from a guy and he was able to speak english without a problem. So if you find a room in Konansou at your budget, I can recommend to book it!

Be aware that it's not guaranteed to see Mt. Fuji from Kawaguchiko due to weather conditions. We had perfect weather and therefor a nice view :)
by nja rate this post as useful

Re: Best Ryokan to see Mt Fuji 2015/2/26 23:00
I just checked booking.com and japanican.com and they both have 1 Room with an open air bath and mountain view available within your budget :) (Japanican is cheaper)

by nja rate this post as useful

Re: Best Ryokan to see Mt Fuji 2015/2/27 08:57
I stayed at the Kozantei Ubuya the other day. I have no complaints. It was very nice. Amazing views. Large, beautiful rooms with large windows. Friendly service. Some rooms have private baths. I did not use such a room, though. Instead, I used the public bath whose rotemburo disappointed me slightly (being located on a small, long balcony with the narrow end facing Mount Fuji), but the indoor pool was very nice with a full view of the mountain. I can definitely recommend the Kozantei Ubuya.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Best Ryokan to see Mt Fuji 2015/3/1 15:58
Thank you for all your suggestions. We have booked the Konansou and hope it is as nice as your time was.
by krystal (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Best Ryokan to see Mt Fuji 2015/3/2 10:45
I stayed at a nice onsen several years ago where the public bathing area on the roof had a perfect view of Fujisan. It felt like i was sitting right at the base of the mountain and there were no obstacles blocking the view. Can try to look it up if you're interested.
by aether rate this post as useful

reply to this thread