Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Yakkan Shoumei Clarification 2015/2/27 10:09
I use a CPAP and so will need a yakkan shoumei in any case, but do I need to fill the form out for *all* my prescriptions, or just the ones that might be problematic, like antidepressants? The sample document from Japan uses aspirin as an example, so do over-the-counter meds and supplements need to be included? The guidelines on the official .jp website aren't clear about this at all. Thanks!
by Anonymous (guest)  

Re: Yakkan Shoumei Clarification 2015/2/27 13:56
How long are you staying in Japan?
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Yakkan Shoumei Clarification 2015/2/27 15:14
Yes, you have to fill out the form for all prescriptions if you're bringing more than one month worth regardless of what they are, and all over-the-counter medicines that exceed 24 tablets. You are allowed to bring up to 2 months worth of Vitamins without declaring them on the form.
by jennjett rate this post as useful

Re: Yakkan Shoumei Clarification 2015/2/27 20:48
We won't be there more than two weeks (thanks for asking!).
by Anonymous (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Yakkan Shoumei Clarification 2015/2/27 21:40
For less than one month, you only need to fill the yakkan shounmei for medication which contain controlled or restricted substances. For a month or more you need to fill it for all medications (which is probably why the example includes aspirin)
by Firas rate this post as useful

reply to this thread