Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Experts views needed 2015/3/1 20:58
Can someone look at my below itinerary & guide me how we can explore maximum of this beautiful country.
We are traveling to japan Tokyo Narita in first half on 5th April & staying near Ukitacho Edogawa ward.
6th Apr Western Tokyo
7th Apr Central Tokyo
8th Apr Northern Tokyo
9th Apr Southern Tokyo
10th Apr One day visit to Kamakura
11th Apr - Experts suggestions are most welcome
12th Apr MT Fuji
13th Apr Travel to Kyoto in first half. staying @ hotel near by to kyoto Station.
14th Apr Kyoto to Hiroshima & Miyajima & return to kyoto
15th Apr Kyoto to Nara & return to Kyoto
16th Apr back to Tokyo before night.
17th Apr tokyo
18th Apr Departure morning flight

Can someone guide me for full day itinerary for each day i mentioned above?
Also i want to activate my JR pass for 10th Apr to 16th Apr so that we can utilize it maximum.
Our main focus to explore Sakura Cherry blossom so suggest some good places.

Thanks in advance.
by Abhijeet Ranade (guest)  

Re: Experts views needed 2015/3/2 00:56
I do not consider myself an expert, but I will get you started. I would suggest your read about going to Mount Fuji from Tokyo. What you will find is that the JR Pass will not get you all the way in and out of Kawaguchiko Station. I twill also not help with the bus network around the Fuji five lakes area.

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6905.html

There are several different passes listed on the link that I have provided, I suggest you move your trip to Mount Fuji ahead of going to Kamakura, and use one of these,

If you activate your JR 7 day pass later, you can still use it to go to Kamakura, then travel to Kyoto and Hiroshima, and finally to get back to Tokyo.

When you take the train to Nara. Inari station, which is where the Inari Shrine is, is the second station along the Nara Line local. Plan to visit the Inari shrine on the same day that you go to Nara.

I would also flip your time south of Tokyo to the beginning of the trip, because the Cherry blossoms will start blooming from the south, and work their way north. You have a better chance of following the cherry blossoms north.

I think you extra day should be spend in Hiroshima. There is too much to see and do for a day trip from Shin-Osaka.

There is a single early JR Shinkansen train that goes from the Tokyo Area to Hiroshima. It leaves at 6:00 AM from Shin-Yokohama Station. I would suggest that your first day in Japan should be in a hotel near Shin-Yokohama station, and that you could visit the warf area of Yokohama, and perhaps Chinatown on your first day. You would activate your JR pass on the second day a catch the Shinkansen to Hiroshima to start your journey.
by ebaychucky311 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread