Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Buying English Laptop in Japan 2015/3/2 13:47
[story]
I lost my backpack that had my computer and camera inside on the JR Chuo line. It's been 2 weeks now so I doubt I'll get it back.
Here's more info and a picture if you'd like to take the time and spread the word: http://www.hippih.com/crowdsearching#item-208

I need a computer for school soon, so what should I do?
I want an English laptop (English keyboard). Any brand, refurbished, Windows 7 is good with me.

Would the Yokota base be a possibility to buy a laptop there?
by Jerry (guest)  

Re: Buying English Laptop in Japan 2015/3/2 14:36
I bought mine online and had it shipped to Japan when I lived there. It was quite a bit cheaper doing it that way than buying one there.
by acase (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying English Laptop in Japan 2015/3/2 15:11
I agree with buying overseas. Amazon.com's shipping to Japan is only $11.99+$3.49/lb for computers.
by a (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying English Laptop in Japan 2015/3/3 00:38
The laptop I'm using to type this was bought from Yodobashi. It had the option of being in English. The keyboard and OS is in English. I think it cost a little extra though, not too much. Ask them when they're there if there's English. It's kind of like Dell where you can customize the computer. Like you start off the from base model and choose the specs, etc. Then it'll be shipped to you in a week or so. However, I feel like computers are more expensive in Japan.
by felguard rate this post as useful

reply to this thread