Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kyoto to Takayama in one day 2015/3/3 02:32
Hello there, me and few friends are visiting Japan next month for the first time. We will be in Kyoto from 6th to 9th and are thinking to include in ONE day trip to Takayama. Since our accommodation has been booked for Kyoto :(

Can anyone advise if it is possible to visit Takayama just for one day from Kyoto? (We are getting JR Pass).

Or perhaps there are other suggestion for a better one-day trip from Kyoto to other town?

Thank you so much in advance. Appreciate all your advise.

by Joenna Tan (guest)  

Re: Kyoto to Takayama in one day 2015/3/3 09:55
Can anyone advise if it is possible to visit Takayama just for one day from Kyoto? (We are getting JR Pass).

Yes, it is. You will be spending about 7 hours on board of trains, but you will have up to 8.5 hours of sightseeing time (if you take the first and last train connections of the day):
http://www.hyperdia.com/

Or perhaps there are other suggestion for a better one-day trip from Kyoto to other town?

There are many alternatives, such as Kanazawa and Miyama.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto to Takayama in one day 2015/3/3 11:06
We're staying in Osaka and plan to see the Takayama Festival on April 14 and return to Osaka the same day.The festival is held on the 14th and 15th.
by Mel (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto to Takayama in one day 2015/3/3 12:15
Mel - I would not recommend this as it will be VERY hard to get train tickets - if not close to impossible as many other people will be trying to do the same as you. There may be unreserved seats - but I doubt that there will even be standing room at all....
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto to Takayama in one day 2015/3/3 12:27
Thanks. I have a rail pass and may try to get a reserve seats when I arrive in Japan at the end of March. There are also buses from Kanazawa and will also look at this option.
by Mel (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread