Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Osaka to Takayama Festival 2015/3/3 12:58
I want to attend the Takayama festival on April 14. The festival is held on the 14th and the 15th. It did not occur to me that the train to Takayama may be fulled and so I will try to get reserved seats when I arrive at the end of March. I do have a rail pass. If no seats are available, these are my options:

1. Attend the festival on the 15th. Would it be just as crowed as the 14th?

2. Since I will be in Kanazawa on the 13th, I can stay overnight at a hotel and then travel to Takayama on the first morning train. Can I assume there will be room on the train during the morning hours?

3. Try to get to Takayama, by bus, from Kanazawa. Do they take reservations? I can return to Osaka, by train, during the late afternoon hrs.

Any suggestions and comments are welcome.

by Mel (guest)  

Re: Osaka to Takayama Festival 2015/3/3 13:37
Here is a link to the Nohi bus line, in Takayama. Make reservation as fast as you can.
by ebaychucky311 rate this post as useful

Re: Osaka to Takayama Festival 2015/3/3 13:40
Opps. Lets try that again...

Here is a link to the Nohi bus line, in Takayama. Make reservation as fast as you can.

http://www.nouhibus.co.jp/english/

And, yes, the Kanazawa to Takayama route takes reservations. It says partial, but my guess is that near the festival, all seats will be booked.
by ebaychucky311 rate this post as useful

Re: Osaka to Takayama Festival 2015/3/14 08:37
Thanks! Got my bus reservations today. Reservation can only bought 30 days before the travel date and so I had plenty of time think this over. Looking forward to the festival.

Any recommendation for place where we have dinner?

Thanks again

Mel
by Mel (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread