Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Toyoko Inn Question 2015/3/3 13:13
Hi all,

I will be staying at the Toyoko Inn Tokyo Shinagawa-eki Konan-guchi Tennozu for a few days. I know they provide shuttle bus to/from Shinagawa station. I also noted their operating time.

Hotel to Shinagawa Station 6:00-10:30
Shinagawa Station to Hotel 15:00-25:00

If I arrive at the Shinagawa bus stop before 10:30, can I take the shuttle to the hotel? I know I can't check in until 15:00 (I'm Toyoko Inn member), but I want to drop off my baggage. I don't know if they are strict in only going one way (hotel to Shinagawa station) in the morning. I will have the JR Pass and can take the Tokyo Monorail to the Tennozu-Isle stop, but I thought it would be easier as I will not need 2 more transfers.
by DavidWeb (guest)  

Re: Toyoko Inn Question 2015/3/3 13:42
Yes, you can take the bus. The driver might ask you to make sure you're at the right place; if so, just say you want to check in and drop of luggage.

Just note the bus wont be idling there waiting for passengers; until 10:30 it will just drop off passengers and head back, so be prepared to catch it.

Another option is to call the hotel directly and let them know. That way the bus might be prepared to wait for you.
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: Toyoko Inn Question 2015/3/4 14:44
Thank you so much for the information!
by DavidWeb (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Toyoko Inn Question 2015/3/4 22:14
From your operation times schedule posted, there is no shuttle until 3pm, which would make sense, since the earliest you can "check in" is 3pm for members. If you show up at 1030am, there will be no shuttle there.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Toyoko Inn Question 2015/3/4 23:21
John B, there will be a shuttle dropping people off. You can catch that shuttle to the hotel, but it wont wait for you, so you must be there as it arrives. I speak from experience with Toyoko Inn Shuttles, though not that particular hotel.
by scarreddragon rate this post as useful

Re: Toyoko Inn Question 2015/3/5 00:45
Gotcha! I thought the shuttle would drop off and then be used for something else, other than to return to the hotel.
by John B digs Japan rate this post as useful

Re: Toyoko Inn Question 2015/3/5 01:02
There is a Toyoko Inn right across the street from Shinagawa station.
http://www.toyoko-inn.com/e_hotel/00029/index.html
by Dick H rate this post as useful

reply to this thread