Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Buying an apartment or property in Japan 2015/3/3 18:33
Good Afternoon, im looking for some information regarding buying an apartment or small house in Japan. Are there websites i could look into so i can look at the properties?

I am a foreigner looking for a property to buy.

also, i have a question, is it advisable to buy foreclosed property?

Thanks for any help and information
by mrky19  

Re: Buying an apartment or property in Japan 2015/3/4 03:07
You can find lots of real estate companies if you google real estate companies Japan or home for sale in Japan etc.

However I have found that companies with internet sites all in English cater to foreigners--obviously--and charge more than they would the local people...
if only because there is the problem of language and culture..

but also because many foreigners, especially Americans, have unrealistic expectations..they want a US style bathroom, US style fridges etc. (even though the Japanese ones are better)

I look at Japanese real estate sites, using Google translate to get most of the meaning..

You know, don't you, that owning a home in Japan doesn't allow you to live in Japan permanently..only a to stay a few months a year..
by Red frog (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Buying an apartment or property in Japan 2015/3/4 13:17
can you give me the links to the local websites so i can check them out? you are right, when i google the websites, i only get the ones for foreigners. i do understand some japanese and like you i can translate some of the words on google if i dont understand some of the words.

yes i am aware that foreigners can only stay at a certain time. but i still would like to check some properties and hopefully find the low priced ones.
by mrky19 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread