Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Osore-san 2015/3/9 17:53
I will be in Aomori in end October and intend to visit Osore-zan on a day trip.
Is this feasible ?
If so, what are the train and bus timetables ?
How much time should I allocate in Osore-zan ?
Which day of the week is best for a visit there ?

Alternatively, is there a guided bus day tour from Aomori to Osore-zan and other sights along the way ?

Thanks.
by lifesucketh  

Re: Osore-san 2015/3/9 19:00
Too early seasonal transport info update yet.
Search again early Oct.

Basically late Oct is border to winter not so warm maybe feel cold.(not cool)
by MW (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Osore-san 2015/3/9 22:17
Yes, Osorezan is doable as a day trip from Aomori, or even from Sendai. There isn't a lot to do so you don't need to allocate a full day to it, only a couple hours.

The bus timetable is here

http://www.0175.co.jp/s/s-bus/oyama.html

but check again later because it's not clear whether it will change this year or not. The bus with a —Õ mark is synchronised with the Resort Asunaro Shimokita train, so it runs only on the days on which this train runs.

http://www.jreast.co.jp/railway/joyful/asunaro.html

(Note that seat reservation is mandatory on this train, if you want to take it.)

No day of the week is better than others, but you should go on a sunny day for the best autumn colours.
by Firas rate this post as useful

Re: Osore-san 2015/3/22 13:16
Bear in mind there is a festival? at Osore-san in October where mediums give readings for people wishing to speak to relatives who have passed on.

I think the time for this year, 2015, starts on October the 9th until the 14th? We are planning a trip and intend to visit before or after that time. You might want to visit at that time to experience this.. Each to his own.:)

by Fern (guest) rate this post as useful

Osore-san 2015/7/28 13:35
Thank you all.
It is now nearer to the time and I think the bus/train timetables for late October are both out.

I was thinking of visiting Osore-san on a day trip from Aomori city either on 24 (Sat) or 25 (Sun) October.

Please correct me if I am wrong, it seems the JR Resort Asunaro Shimokita train does not run on those days ?

If the train does not run, I reckon I have to catch the normal train and arrive into JR Shimokita station at 11.03am.
Will I have sufficient time to catch the 11.10am bus to Osore-zan ?
(7 mins connection time - assuming the train is not delayed of course !)

How many hours do you reckon one to spend at Osore-zan ?

Thinking if I should catch the 1pm or 3.50pm bus from Osore-zan back to JR Shimokita station.

Are there public onsen/bathhouses at Osore-zan ?

Thanks in advance.

by lifesucketh rate this post as useful

reply to this thread