Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

21st century museum 2015/3/11 13:07
is it enought just visit the museum on the public area?
because i will visit it on monday, which is the exhibiton area is closed but the public area still open.

but if it is worthed (1000-1700yen depend on exhibition)to look around the exhibiton area, i need to reschedule my visit to sunday.

and how much time do i need to visit this museum?thx
by red (guest)  

Re: 21st century museum 2015/3/11 14:56
The most famous works in the Kanazawa 21st Century Museum of Contemporary Art is a swimming pool.
https://www.kanazawa21.jp/data_list.php?g=30&d=7&lng=e
I think this work is not seen that it is not the opening date.
When I went, I saw a museum in 2-3 hours.
by haro1210 rate this post as useful

Re: 21st century museum 2015/3/11 15:29
The Museum exhibits are well worth seeing. I would re-schedule so you can attend.
The public area is just a grassed area in the front with a few sculptures, which are fun, but there is so much more to it than that.
Depending on the exhibitions we stay anywhere between 1-3 hours.
We have been 3 times now, and are planning a 4th visit in April.
We always enjoy something different each time.
Enjoy!
by AusTF rate this post as useful

Re: 21st century museum 2015/3/11 17:05
how this museum compare to hakone open air museum? i will visit hakone open air museum too, so if they have almost the same "feel" , maybe i will skip the kanazawa one
by red (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 21st century museum 2015/3/11 17:35
They are totally different in every way:
21st Century Museum is a Museum of Contemporary Art, mostly inside a building. It has many different rooms with many different exhibits, some are interactive, and they change frequently.
http://www.kanazawa-tourism.com/eng/guide/guide1_1.php?no=4
Hakone Open air museum is on a large grassed area, and is mostly a sculpture park.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXj62mJM0SU
by AusTF rate this post as useful

Re: 21st century museum 2015/3/11 21:47
I recommend the museum. A lot of interesting exhibitions. If you're going this Monday and if you're interested in architecture, then you'll be happy to find most of the exhibitions on Japanese architects and architecture post 3.11. I really loved it. Walked away in awe of those designs.
by yozakura (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 21st century museum 2015/3/12 02:23

Hakone Open-Air museum is the main exhibition of outdoor sculpture.
You walk around on.
In addition, there is a Picasso Museum, Picasso is seen many.
There is a feeling of opening it because it is in nature.
21st Century Museum of Contemporary Art is a museum of contemporary art is the main.
Exhibition of course, you can also enjoy permanent exhibition.
Michael lin's picture of colorful flowers and the light art of James Turrell is also recommended.
Since the Shinkansen to open, I think there will be congestion.
However, if you like the art, please try to go by all means.
by haro1210 rate this post as useful

Re: 21st century museum 2015/3/12 10:49
So the summarize is this musrum is a must see in kanazawa..and not the exhibition area is the most attraction right?then maybe i should change my itinerary.
And also i checked the museum map it is not big,do i need spend 2 hours on that?or maybe because there is a lot of interactive exhibition?thx all
by red (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread